Keymaps for Pivos XIOS, works with both Pivos Remote and Apple TV Remote

Flipmode

May 6, 2012
I have taken the time to tweak the keymap for the Pivos remote and Apple TV remote to work as I feel it should

Part of the keymap is taken from the XBMC wiki but I added a couple extra features that I feel makes it even better.

Original Wiki Keymap adds for both Pivos and Apple Remote
- "OK" (center button) pauses and plays
- "Back" button on Pivos remote, Menu button on Apple remote stops playback video and takes you back to the menu
- "left" button 7 seconds back instead of 30 seconds
- "I" button on the Pivos remote turns On Screen Display On and Off during video playback (only for Pivos)

I added a Function for the original Pivos Remote
- on XBMC Home screen back button activates Side Favorite Menu

I added Functions for the Silver Apple TV Remote
- on XBMC Home screen "Menu" button activates Side Favorite Menu
- "Play/Pause" button now activates Context Menu
- "Play/Pause" Button on Apple TV remote turns On Screen Display On and Off during video playback

Create a keyboard.xml file then copy and paste these contents

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <p>ContextMenu</p>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <left>SmallStepBack</left>
      <backspace>Stop</backspace>
      <c>OSD</c>
      <p>OSD</p>
      <return>Play</return>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <VideoOSD>
    <keyboard>
      <i>Back</i>
      <p>Back</p>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoOSD>
  <Home>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </Home>
</keymap>
Next save the file here .xbmc\userdata\keymaps

For the Apple TV remote you will also need the remote.conf file in the .xbmc directory

Update:

To get the Pivos working with the Apple TV remote follow the instructions here

Next place the keyboard.xml in this directory .xbmc\userdata\keymaps

Reboot Pivos for changes to take effect

Pivos Remote Functions

Apple TV remote for Pivos Functions

Last edited:

Flipmode

May 6, 2012
ah yes the silver one, pity I have the white older version
The Keymap should work with the white but the only problem is the white one only has 6 buttons and the silver has 7, I made the 7th button on the silver work the Context Menu and the On screen display.

I will test the white remote out tonight.

So really the only benefit you will have is on the main XBMC window when you hit the Menu button it will open up the Side Favorite Menu

The remote.conf file you need to use the modified one for the white remote which I believe you already know.

dogsballs

Jan 29, 2013
Flipmode did you get a chance to try the white apple remote?

should say that the geeksquad solution which I have previously tried works but only for certain functions

Flipmode

May 6, 2012
Flipmode did you get a chance to try the white apple remote?

should say that the geeksquad solution which I have previously tried works but only for certain functions
The Keyboard.xml does not have any effect on the remote.conf file, if the remote.conf file does not work properly then this will not either, the keyboard.xml alters the functions of the remote in XBMC

I just tried to program my Pivos for the White ATV remote and I cannot get the remote to work with either of the files he posted.

dogsballs

Jan 29, 2013
The Keyboard.xml does not have any effect on the remote.conf file, if the remote.conf file does not work properly then this will not either, the keyboard.xml alters the functions of the remote in XBMC

I just tried to program my Pivos for the White ATV remote and I cannot get the remote to work with either of the files he posted.
thanks for your effort. I remember when I tried the solution from geeksquad I simply opened the update image as a zip and replaced the code in remote.conf with his code and once I reflashed my unit, a pivos clone, the white remote worked but not totally. I may try again if I can find the entire working code. ill check the wiki you never know

gotsklz

Sep 23, 2012
what button to press to get out of suspend? I pressed each of the button on silver remote but it doesnt work.

Flipmode

May 6, 2012
what button to press to get out of suspend? I pressed each of the button on silver remote but it doesnt work.
Did you review the the picture of the remote functions for the silver remote vs the white remote?

Less buttons = less options

No power or suspend. I leave mine on all the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Kodi Support 1
K Pivos XIOS DS 2
K Amazon Fire TV 6