Kitkat

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I don't believe the hardware would/could handle it. Aside from that there will be no official support either as PIVOS' chip manufacturers aren't signed on to support it at all.

If you own a PIVOS DS it will always struggle. It is one of the worst android boxes around (though respectfully it was the first android XBMC machine)

I would highly encourage upgrading.

ITADMIN

Jan 27, 2015
Pivos DS and MyGica Streaming Devices Help...

Is there anything I can put on my Pivos DS that will make it work as best it can? I am also looking for a replacement for it, and I am considering the MyGica atv1800. Would that be the best unit available today? If I get one, what could I install on it? I am interested in Na*i-X, Ic*f*lms, Spor**dev*l, Genesis and live local channels.

This is my first post here, although I am a long time XDA member, and a previous forum admin/moderator of a long gone forum regarding sat TV. I have just entered into this new arena of TV boxes, so any advice, pointers or instructional manuals, posts or threads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks VERY much!

ITADMIN

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Nothing you can really do with the DS. IT IS QUITE BAD AND MADDENING. Any android device is better and anything from the past year will work great for you.

OUYA - if your wired and not wireless
Fire TV - if you also pay for Netflix and Amazon prime
M8 - for the complete Android experience and 4K

And so many other options. You don't need much for KODI/XBMC. You DO NEED an established company that has good firmware.

umjorge2

Jan 22, 2015
I just bought a Pivos last week and was thinking of returning it when I saw so many negative comments about it. I did read the reviews beforehand and saw that they were mostly mixed to a lot of people not liking it very much. Decided to give it a chance. At first I was unimpressed it kept freezing up all the time whenever I tried to load videos in Genesis. Then I discovered by turning off some streaming sources and leaving the good ones on, plus turning off HD streaming (don't need it IMO on my 24" TV) now the videos load fine and stream beautifully. One key component to having the Pivos run good is using a higher quality micro SD card that has a fast transfer rate. I got one that does 95mb/s transfer rates and it makes a huge difference as compared to using one with something like a 4mb/s rate. While my Pivos is still noticeably slower than running xbmc off my MacBook, I wouldn't say its a deal breaker and the worst thing out there. It is cheaper then a lot of the other interfaces so you are getting some of what you pay for. But I wouldn't just knock it all the time it really isn't that bad. It does occasionally get stuck from time to time when you try to open something and you do need to be more diligent with clearing the cache and what not which is sorta annoying. I'm sure something like a AFTV is better but to those of us who have limited options of getting something that will run xbmc on your TV, and don't want to have to go through the trouble of ordering online, then its not a bad choice (I live in Canada so unless I go eBay, I can't just run out to best buy and pick up a AFTV).

ITADMIN

Jan 27, 2015
What is the "M8" you mentioned above ? Can you expand on it? I have very little experience with these boxes so I am trying to figure out the best box for the buck! I tried putting M8 in the search engine but it requires at least 3 characters to function as all I get when I try is "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search".

Do you have any idea if the MyGica atv1800 is either the best or one of the best?

Thanks

Last edited:

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
You can go to geekbuying or aliexpress and type in "tv box" and you will see many many viable options.

I have 3 ugoos boxes, ut3, and um3 are very good boxes. If you like android. rk3188 androids are good too, you can get a cs918 for 45 bucks nowadays that would work just fine If you're on a budget.

Now there's a rise in windows tv boxes which can be more stable overall than androids, pipo x7 is 120 bucks, mele makes a nice windows box too, I just bought one, its on the way, can't remember the model number. Netflix on windows is a much better experience than Netflix on android.

You should do some research there's so many choices, so many variables, what's best for one person may not be for the other, many emotional factors involved as well. I've bought boxes before just because I like the color, lol. Just the name ouya puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Kodi Support 7
K Kodi Support 7
W OUYA 0