Request Kodi 16.1 with 7 Shortcuts or more ??

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
I did a fresh install of Kodi 16.1 on a new tablet, and notice I was not able to the the Confluence skin with 7 Shortcuts by Elmerohueso's Repo, does not show up, so I assume it means it is not compatible with 16.1

With that being said, I also tried the Maintenance tool tweak for 7 Shortcuts and that didn't work either. The only Shortcut process I was able to find was the HUSH*** Repo, which I really don't didn't want to install, but he had a modified HUSH*** Addon for 25 shortcuts, is that the only one that works, I would prefer not having his Repo installed, so I uninstalled it, but just wanted to see if it work, but I like the shortcuts, any other suggestions out there, please advise. :confused:

Pandora

Feb 26, 2016
Canada
Hello, I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but it seemed like it could be the right place. I downloaded Kodi Jarvis from the google play store, downloaded fusion, and then my addons I wanted. All is well on that front. However, I somehow changed the splash screen from Kodi to TVADDONS and I'm not sure how to change it back. Can someone help me? Ever grateful :)

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I did a fresh install of Kodi 16.1 on a new tablet, and notice I was not able to the the Confluence skin with 7 Shortcuts by Elmerohueso's Repo, does not show up, so I assume it means it is not compatible with 16.1

With that being said, I also tried the Maintenance tool tweak for 7 Shortcuts and that didn't work either. The only Shortcut process I was able to find was the HUSH*** Repo, which I really don't didn't want to install, but he had a modified HUSH*** Addon for 25 shortcuts, is that the only one that works, I would prefer not having his Repo installed, so I uninstalled it, but just wanted to see if it work, but I like the shortcuts, any other suggestions out there, please advise. :confused:
I think there is a skin cashed CCM or Confluence extended that allows 7 shortcuts but it's been awhile. Maybe will be helpful?

Idok Fire

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Hello, I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but it seemed like it could be the right place. I downloaded Kodi Jarvis from the google play store, downloaded fusion, and then my addons I wanted. All is well on that front. However, I somehow changed the splash screen from Kodi to TVADDONS and I'm not sure how to change it back. Can someone help me? Ever grateful :)
Right place but wrong way. You are asking a totally different question on someone else's topic. We call that hijacking someone else's thread. So basically in the future you need to stay your own. To answer your question though, try going to settings, skins and settings. Somewhere in there you will find where you can change the background. If you cannot, please start a new thread.

Idok Fire

Pandora

Feb 26, 2016
Canada
Right place but wrong way. You are asking a totally different question on someone else's topic. We call that hijacking someone else's thread. So basically in the future you need to stay your own. To answer your question though, try going to settings, skins and settings. Somewhere in there you will find where you can change the background. If you cannot, please start a new thread.

Idok Fire
Gee like I apologized! I am new to this forum, you need not be so condescending. But thanks for nothing, I will not be coming here anymore if you treat people like this; your unsubtle response is not helpful and does not inspire confidence. To clarify, when I boot up, I get the TVADDON splash screen rather than that cool Kodi blue on black screen. Furthermore, I had no way to see where I could start a new thread!!

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Sometimes using Tapatalk on a small screen phone sucks. Try this-In Kodi, go to systems menu. Then click settings, then appearance. You should now be on skin. Look for settings and click that. Now click Background Options. You should be able to change your background there.

Idok Fire

Pandora

Feb 26, 2016
Canada
Sometimes using Tapatalk on a small screen phone sucks. Try this-In Kodi, go to systems menu. Then click settings, then appearance. You should now be on skin. Look for settings and click that. Now click Background Options. You should be able to change your background there.

Idok Fire
But I don't think you understand what I'm saying, I have already changed the background to a picture of my cat.... I am talking about the splash screen that appears when Kodi boots up. It used to be the Kodi blue on black splash screen, now it's the TVaddon splash screen that I don't know how to change. TO THE OWNER OF THIS THREAD, I AM SORRY I CHANGED YOUR SUBJECT.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Gee like I apologized! I am new to this forum, you need not be so condescending. But thanks for nothing, I will not be coming here anymore if you treat people like this; your unsubtle response is not helpful and does not inspire confidence. To clarify, when I boot up, I get the TVADDON splash screen rather than that cool Kodi blue on black screen. Furthermore, I had no way to see where I could start a new thread!!
Go to your Kodi folder via File Manager, then go into the Media folder & delete Splash.png. This will restore your original splash screen. You might want to be a bit more appreciative of people who are trying to help you in the future as well, no need to fly off the handle when people are spending time trying to assist you.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013

You might want to try Xonfluence, that will probably give you the functionality you are looking for http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238630

Pandora

Feb 26, 2016
Canada
Go to your Kodi folder via File Manager, then go into the Media folder & delete Splash.png. This will restore your original splash screen. You might want to be a bit more appreciative of people who are trying to help you in the future as well, no need to fly off the handle when people are spending time trying to assist you.
I don't have a Media folder in File Manager. And I am extremely appreciative of the people helping me, so please do not assume. I just do not like being talked down to. Thank you for all your help. No need to respond, I will figure it out myself.

Chadman

Oct 12, 2014
It didn't really matter to me, since the TVaddons splash was fine, but I thought I'd follow your advice. Worked great. Thanks.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK

Hay mate, yep stay away from that repo, the 7 shortcut skin hasn't worked since they changed the skinning Engine for Kodi (helix) there are ways to get it working but it's still a old xbmc based skin so I wouldn't advise.
The 7 shortcut skin and the 25 icon skin were both originally created by a developer (that I still hold in high regard) who used to house his addons here (nothing to do with Hush).
Personally I think the best option for you if you like 7 shortcuts is to use the xonfluence skin from the Kodi forums.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Hay mate, yep stay away from that repo, the 7 shortcut skin hasn't worked since they changed the skinning Engine for Kodi (helix) there are ways to get it working but it's still a old xbmc based skin so I wouldn't advise.
The 7 shortcut skin and the 25 icon skin were both originally created by a developer (that I still hold in high regard) who used to house his addons here (nothing to do with Hush).
Personally I think the best option for you if you like 7 shortcuts is to use the xonfluence skin from the Kodi forums.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Yep I installed the Xonfluence will have to do some tweaking and play with it. Wonder what happened to H*G*H*W* ?

Last edited:

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
What I ended up doing was simply keeping the Skin that H had in is Repo, and then uninstalled his Repo and source. I tried and installed the Xonfluence, but there was too much to customize, and was not in the mood to do the tweaking, maybe down the road. I really like the 25 Shortcuts, wish I knew a little about coding, as I would of created one with the same number of shortcut icons ;)

I also only use it for my tablet, no other devices.

AliA

Oct 3, 2016
I went to maintenance and to shortcut tweaks, then to change homescreen shortcuts. But when I choose any buttons- video,music,photos,programs, the next screen is blank, never had this issue before only on 16.1 jarvis. Help please

rontom

Mar 31, 2015
I change mine by going to System, Settings,Appearance, Skin,Settings,Add-on shortcuts, then click the buttons you want to change, select the addon you want then it is done

thomfam

Sep 22, 2015
DJB, Confluence++ (Helix) is a skin which gives you 7 shortcuts for addons. It also allows you to make one of your Favorites as a shortcut as well.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
DJB, Confluence++ (Helix) is a skin which gives you 7 shortcuts for addons. It also allows you to make one of your Favorites as a shortcut as well.
Problem is it is no longer supported in Jarvis 16.1

So I simply Googled and found a few. Wish someone from here would take over the Confluence ++ one and make it work, or wish the actual Dev would update it, but for now I'm good. If anyone has any others to suggest that we can talk about here, by means post it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Kodi Skins 2
S Kodi Support 12
E Kodi Skins 4