Kodi 17.1 on nvidia shield not working

ndnboy

Dec 3, 2014
I have had the new nvidia shield for a while was running spmc great. Tried krypton a while back did not do well, so I figured I would give it a try now with 17.1. Not going too good so far. Indigo does not seem to want to act right either. Trying to run the confiq wizard and it just won't go. :( Any suggestions?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Answered already in your other thread. Remove your build, start from scratch and you should be good to go. No build on mi e, downloaded from the play store, installed only the addons I need and all works great.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Correlation does not mean Causation... As said above Kodi 17.1 is not your problem it's extremely bloated 'build' you have installed that is causing your grief and slow down, do you really expect Kodi to run fast when you have over 100 addons installed and who know what tweaks? If you insist it's Kodi 17.1's fault, go to the build builders site and ask them for help there as they claim it works great with 17.1...

Also if you did as you said and uninstalled the build, did you nuke it entirely? In almost all cases unless you go in and manually delete all entries and files Kodi never fully uninstalls, that means parts of the build still exist and can cause issues...

You need to get an Android file manager (I recommend X-plorer) and manually delete the entire Kodi folder on Android, then reinstall clean...

Last edited:

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
If you did the nuclear option and have a clean install of 17.1 I have no idea why it's slow, it runs perfectly fine on lower spec Android hardware...

Post a log maybe it will give a hint as to what is causing it to run slow...