Kodi 17.3 Feedback thread

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
I'll start this thread, to see what others have to say about the latest version. I like to do this, before I personally install to see the issues others are having. Post your feedback and issues. If you have no issues post also. :)

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
17.2 & 17.3 are very small releases. 17.2 was basically a security patch & 17.3 was a re-package of 17.2 as a couple of elements were missed from the installer. I see no reason that either of these releases would cause you any problems if you were already using 17.1 without issue. I've installed 17.3 and it works fine, as I would expect :)

Sara5dawn

Sep 21, 2016
Good morning! I love this forum thanks for all y'all do.

Last night I installed 17.2 and it works just fine, however when I came to the forum I see version 17.3 so do I need to install it over 17.2?

Thanks all

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Good morning! I love this forum thanks for all y'all do.

Last night I installed 17.2 and it works just fine, however when I came to the forum I see version 17.3 so do I need to install it over 17.2?

Thanks all
Yes, that is the easiest way

irocjuno

Apr 5, 2017
hey everyone .. i installed 17.2 cause of security issue then this morning i installed 17.3 k , the 17.3 has just the same problems as the 17.2 plus on 17.3 Ex**us cannot be found , i use peliscarta and still having issues conecting , i downloaded as instructed and used fusion to get indigo . but not a successful file for me i use firestick btw. i think im gonna delete kodi completely and install directly from my laptop using abfire .. first i need to find the file so i can download ,, if u can post it here i apreciate it .. i'll let u all know how it works out ....

daflyboys

Aug 27, 2013
Installed over top a Windows 7 and Windows 10 PC with no issues. Also did a side install with ADB to 2 Amazon Fire Sticks so far. Initially, the fire stick acts as if this is an initial set up but then it comes back to my customized home screen, everything intact. Still have a couple of laptops to do and one more fire stick, but everything a-ok to this point.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
I also installed 17.3 over my 17.1 as FX mentioned and have not had any issues.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
hey everyone .. i installed 17.2 cause of security issue then this morning i installed 17.3 k , the 17.3 has just the same problems as the 17.2 plus on 17.3 Ex**us cannot be found , i use peliscarta and still having issues conecting , i downloaded as instructed and used fusion to get indigo . but not a successful file for me i use firestick btw. i think im gonna delete kodi completely and install directly from my laptop using abfire .. first i need to find the file so i can download ,, if u can post it here i apreciate it .. i'll let u all know how it works out ....
I'm seeing tons of firestick users with this problem. Maybe something not playing right with firesticks. Here is a manual download of Kodi
https://kodi.tv/download

Oxiteh

May 17, 2016
I'm using krypton 17.1 on RPI - how do i update it to the new version with the security patch?

zemelya

Aug 6, 2015
KODI 17.3 works fine on Android box, see now issues so far. Sounds like everyone needs it because that hack and stuff

suport

Jun 2, 2015
working good thanks to Meep he saw what i was messing the date and time

Last edited:

irocjuno

Apr 5, 2017
again installed 17.1 installed 17.3 over 17.1 .. i still see problems everything is installed correctly ,, Pelicartas the series choice have problems connecting no exodos thats out, usatvnowplus not working configured correctly .. again im using firestick , and i do know how to install using firestick . for the most part every other addon i installed seem to work ,, checking a little here and thier. hope to see a solucion soon for this .. gonna keep trying some other stuff..

Update : i got Ex**us running , i had to manually look for it i found the repo and installed works great . ustvnowplus , easyfix went to my acct and deleted and made a new one confirmed email ,, and back up . and about pelicartas well in the show series i cant get conected from cinefox but i did try other links from movies example allpeliculas and it worked just great. dissapointed in a way cause my wife likes watching alotta the series in spanish seeing she doesnt speak english ,, but over all .. its working ,, thanks to all the peoples involved for making this posible ,, we love addons ,, you guys rock .. great job team.

Last edited:

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Ex**us for example the movie moana have 100+ link not one of the hd works,
and the ones that show gvideo that used to work great not even 1 work or say working all this in kodi 17.3
i install kodi 17.1 everything works great
Correlation Does Not Imply Causation

Causation, Google nuked a bunch of videos and accounts yesterday taking down a lot of sources, don't blame this on Kodi or Ex**us, they can't find or play what doesn't exist...

Correlation 17.1 is working and 17.3 is not... This is likely due to dumb luck and timing of when the sources restored their broken Google links...

suport

Jun 2, 2015
thanks for all your help problem was date and time

Correlation Does Not Imply Causation

Causation, Google nuked a bunch of videos and accounts yesterday taking down a lot of sources, don't blame this on Kodi or Ex**us, they can't find or play what doesn't exist...

Correlation 17.1 is working and 17.3 is not... This is likely due to dumb luck and timing of when the sources restored their broken Google links...

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
link on google must are up if you make some test with apk that use the same link the apk work and like i say why the link it is down on 17.3 and the same link work on 17.1 hoooooooo ok it is dumb luck jajajajajjajajaj
17.3 was a very small release to patch a potential security threat & a few small bug fixes. Nothing in this release could possibly affect your pirated video sources. It's simply not possible, read the release notes for yourself.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
why the link it is down on 17.3 and the same link work on 17.1 hoooooooo ok it is dumb luck jajajajajjajajaj
Care to share some of the titles and sources that work on 17.1 but not on 17.3 that you have tested and confirmed to be the case right now so others can confirm what you say is true that Kodi 17.3 is the cause of the problem? Have you cleared providers and cache in Ex**us tools between every test so you are not using outdated sources and links?

Honestly please do share the titles and sources as well as any logs you have that backs up your claim that it's a Kodi 17.3 problem...

I have Kodi 16.1 (stock) Kodi 16.1 (updated python) Kodi 17.1 (stock) Kodi 17.3 (stock) and Kodi 18.0 Beta ready to test and confirm and see if your results are actually due to Kodi 17.3 and not just coincidence or correlation...

Last edited:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
I'm not even using Kodi, just my trusty SPMC with the Python fix, so I'd be happy to check any non-HD titles out for you if you want, to rule out Kodi itself being the problem that is

suport

Jun 2, 2015
ok thank you for all your help got the problem and yes you are right it was the most stupid thing i did not check problem was day and time like Meep said outdated sources and links i edit al my post jajajajajajajajaj sorry i did not want to cause and argument on this
like i say before thank you all for the help

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
My Intel NUC with Windows 10 update 1703 and Krypton v 17.3 is running flawlessly, seamlessly and perfectly.

Thank you Kodi, thank you TV Addons.

Last edited:

daflyboys

Aug 27, 2013
Did run into something here on a Windows 10 laptop we have but don't use Kodi very much on. It still had KODI 16 on it. When upgrading to 17.3, I immediately went to change back to Confluence as I'm not much of a fan of the stock skin. When going into the proper place to "get more" for the skins, no screen popped up to make additional choices.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Kodi Support 2
C Kodi Skins 2
L Kodi Support 3