Kodi 17.3 won't install,

pitzerwm

Jun 7, 2017
I had 14.1 on my Win 10Pro desktop, so tried to download and install 17.3. It crashes saying that it can't load/install Kodi.exe. I downloaded Kodi 4-5 times and all react the same. Turned off Security, rebooted, shutdown, nothing helped.

Obviously, this isn't a unique issue, what is the work around?

kipandlee

Oct 13, 2013
what has worked for me on several windows 10 installs is right click choose properties run in compatibility mode windows 7 or vista be sure to click apply then click the executable run as admin hope this helps

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Obviously, this isn't a unique issue, what is the work around?
Yeah, I'd say it is a pretty unique issue. Not many people have version 14.* on their system trying to upgrade to Krypton. Try kipandlee's method but if that won't work, you will need to remove Kodi completely. This means also the userdata folder and any registry entries that exist.

jakeyboy

Nov 10, 2013
navigate to (c:)-users-your name-appdata-roaming-kodi-userdata-database.then delete Addons20 -Addons27 from database.Thats what I had to do to install kodi 17.2

pitzerwm

Jun 7, 2017
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I tried the compatibility suggestion and it said to install upgrade(?) 1, which I don't have. I looked for the database Addons20-27 couldn't find them, so deleted entire Kodi folder, that did it and it's now installed.