kodi 17 review

jechill

Jun 1, 2013
Ontario ,Canada
Kodi 17 installed on brand new pulsar.
Config wizard doesn't work so I had to install everything by hand.
Addon installer doesnt install.
Most addons don't work at all and some wont close.
I have a 64 bit box, had to install 32 bit version as the 64 bit wont install.
No program addons at all work, including maintenance.
Had to change skin back to confluence to find everything, add new source is hidden quite nicely.
I found the new skin to be completely confusing and not friendly at all , maybe ill get used to it.
some things work well , most do not.
Have fun.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
In contrast my review is as follows:

Updated to Kodi 17, kept my Mimic skin, migrated addons itself. Not noticed any addons not working & everything is the same as it was on Jarvis. Not tried the Addon Installer but I can certainly live without it & just use fusion so not a problem if I need to install anything :)

I've also tried Estuary and found it very good, in fact I prefer it to Confluence which I thought looked very dated.

robsleeps

Dec 23, 2015
My sheild tv updated on its own and since it's completly different from 16 it took time to figure it out. Everything works fine and I think I'll like it a lot after getting used to the layout. My one complaint so far is that it will not save the "viewtype" and reverts back to widelist on its own when to switch screens. I like the infowall type but it just will not stay put. Any tips on that?

Everything else has worked flawlessly so far and I like the change!

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
My one complaint so far is that it will not save the "viewtype" and reverts back to widelist on its own when to switch screens. I like the infowall type but it just will not stay put. Any tips on that?
I think that's by design, you might want to try the Mimic skin which is similar to Estuary and will hold the viewtype.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Kodi Support 1
T Kodi Support 2
C Kodi Skins 2