Kodi 18

Bugie

Jul 31, 2019
I have an old Android Box. I have not been able to install Kodi 18. The only one I managed to have on this system is v16. Any "how to" instructions or youtube videos are therefore not helpful as I cannot see what is described or shown. I am not very conversant with Android systems and I cannot figure out things to try to solve them. I need some assistance and direct instruction of how to install v18 of Kodi perhaps I can move forward to installing addons etc.

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
Seems that you have a "similair" old Box as me ! Kodi 16.1 and Android 6.0.1. I also tried many times with different ways to install a newer Kodi , but nó, even downloads with video-addons seem to work (pop-ups 10%,20%,etc.while downloading) BUT do NOT work, so this box is now a back-up when/if(never hopefully) the new box wich dóes allow Kodi updates has a fault or something. Succes with your old box, hopefully some dóes know an explanation for you !

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It depends on the OS on the box. any version prior to 4,5 can only use v16 or you could instsll any kodi forks such as SPMCor you could use a linux base such as Librelect.
Check your OS and let us know what you are running.

gujal

Developer
Dec 26, 2013
Kodi 17 onwards require minimum Android 5.0.1, so basically your box cant do it
The only option you can run is a fork by Mygica based on Kodi 17.1 called MMC and there were no further releases from them
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!iE90gDSC!hRM0R6s1M6qzXNjfGi-v4ZpAEXkilYE0tkynoouxzxc