KODI and Windows 10

earthmaan1

Sep 14, 2013
Just wondering if anyone might know this yet as I don't have win 10 yet but I will when the RTM comes out on or about 7-29-15...

Will KODI run on win 10 ?

T.I.A.

clayw1pi

Jun 2, 2014
South Central Florida
Yes it works with Windows 10, but if your video's lockup and everything freezes, reboot, go to System, Video, Acceleration and TURN OFF hardware acceleration settings. Try that. It definitely froze up with TVMC 14-2 on Win 10. Good luck.

Jean

Sep 28, 2015
tvmc freezes

Yes it works with Windows 10, but if your video's lockup and everything freezes, reboot, . Try that. It definitely froze up with TVMC 14-2 on Win 10. Good luck.
Hi everyone. New to TVMC. Successfully installed on Windows 10 laptop. However, the screen freezes when I try to play movie. I can hear the soundtrack, conversation but no picture. It stays on the fozen screen and have to turn off laptop.

Can you please help, as I cannot find the "go to System, Video, Acceleration and TURN OFF hardware acceleration settings" mentioned above by a senior user.

Thx in advance

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hi everyone. New to TVMC. Successfully installed on Windows 10 laptop. However, the screen freezes when I try to play movie. I can hear the soundtrack, conversation but no picture. It stays on the fozen screen and have to turn off laptop.

Can you please help, as I cannot find the "go to System, Video, Acceleration and TURN OFF hardware acceleration settings" mentioned above by a senior user.

Thx in advance
When in Kodi, go to the extreme right where it says System. Below that are 4 tabs, one is settings, click it. From that new screen, click on Videos. On the new screen, click on Acceleration and disable the 2 or 3 items there.