Kodi being a hard sell (Live TV)

josh3794

Jan 20, 2013
Once you show your wife how Genesis works she won't go back to live TV. It's like using a cable companies PVR but better.

There are so many cartoon add ons between spoyers repo with watch cartoon, funnier moments & super cartoon. Plus the ones in highways repo with cartoon world and kiss cartoon and what you can find on YouTube that your kids are covered.

You can grab all of them using the add-on installer.

I also use super favourites to build mini libraries for my kids. They pick what they want and i add it to their folder. It also helps me keep some control on what they are watching.

uteotw

Feb 26, 2015
Kansas
Thanks for everyone's input...

I ended up purchasing the Amazon Fire TV last Friday evening...after a few hours of trying to "push" Kodi to the AFTV, we were finally up and running...

The issue of pushing Kodi was I have a Mac and nowhere in any instructions did it say that you had to download the Windows version of Kodi and push that app to Kodi...Finally after a few hours it dawned on me...lol

We watched our first movie and all went well until about an hour into the movie and the movie started buffering like crazy...so we had to pause the movie...watch a little and pause again...

The next day I spent some time researching buffering issues...I plugged the AFTV directly into our cable modem and still had buffering issues...Then I did some tips and tricks I read online and still...buffering after about 30 mins...

So to fix the issue, we just have to plan it out...decide on a movie, start it and pause the movie for about 30 to 45 mins and watch it...no problems...small price to pay for free movies...

As far as Live TV, I'm giving up on the Kodi apps for Live TV...still looking into Sling TV and USTVNow and I'll look into other alternatives before I cut the cord...

Started the Viking series the other night...liking Kodi so far, just wished the buffering issue was better

lenniepaz

Aug 19, 2013
Thanks for everyone's input...

I ended up purchasing the Amazon Fire TV last Friday evening...after a few hours of trying to "push" Kodi to the AFTV, we were finally up and running...

The issue of pushing Kodi was I have a Mac and nowhere in any instructions did it say that you had to download the Windows version of Kodi and push that app to Kodi...Finally after a few hours it dawned on me...lol

We watched our first movie and all went well until about an hour into the movie and the movie started buffering like crazy...so we had to pause the movie...watch a little and pause again...

The next day I spent some time researching buffering issues...I plugged the AFTV directly into our cable modem and still had buffering issues...Then I did some tips and tricks I read online and still...buffering after about 30 mins...

So to fix the issue, we just have to plan it out...decide on a movie, start it and pause the movie for about 30 to 45 mins and watch it...no problems...small price to pay for free movies...

As far as Live TV, I'm giving up on the Kodi apps for Live TV...still looking into Sling TV and USTVNow and I'll look into other alternatives before I cut the cord...

Started the Viking series the other night...liking Kodi so far, just wished the buffering issue was better
You definitely have some sort of problem that you shouldn't be having, as far as the buffering goes. I have a AFTV in my living room, which is connected wirelessly to a router in my basement, and I have ZERO buffering issues. I can stream 30GB BluRay rips that are on my PC, and they don't buffer.

Borincano

Dec 26, 2013
Try this advanced xml it should resolve your buffering issues. Go to /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/ creat a plain text file and copy this

<advancedsettings>
**<network>
* **<buffermode>1</buffermode>
* * <cachemembuffersize> 450000000 </cachemembuffersize>
* * <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
**</network>
</advancedsettings>

save it and test it out.