Kodi channel mix

toyutah1

Oct 6, 2018
Hello,
not sure I'm in the right spot to start, but for me, I've had Kodi for almost 2 years, one on computer, one on Android box tv. I got vpn 9 or 10 months ago. Worked good quite a bit, when it went low I replaced with new installation. In the last month it's been about 6 times. Channels pause or stop, and movies are here and there.

I did the "Network Speed Test" at 10 mb on Indigo and was getting low rates under 1. I though I needed an extension for wi-fi, but I added another cable from vpn to router and it went up to 6 or 7 on a 10mb test, and 28 or so for the 100 mb test. Anyway, one box was 5 feet away, and the other is about 25 feet away, and they are both the same, and good.

So, I have a good connection for that, but for 3 or 4 weeks channels stop or pause and try to catch up on their own. Sometimes I wait then change channel. I will have the same channel from another addon to test on home page for favorites and the same thing seems to happen. So that's one main problem.

Movies have been off and on, but I set them up with my TMDB api and traktv api. Those seem good for free. (olpair is annoying and ads show up on page)

So solidifying channels is one, two is any help or tips to help with channels, and stop possible virus etc.
urlresolver and resolveurl both seem good. I do a couple other things, but don't know what is a common base for set up is really. Anything would be good.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Not sure what you are calling channels. Do you mean addons? If you mean addons, you could try a Real Debrid account. You can try one for a month and see if it works for you.

toyutah1

Oct 6, 2018
No, I meant news channels, or sports channels. Those are the only ones I watch, then movies. I have tried the real debrid a couple times. But I watch tv later in my bedroom and don't have a computer in there to go to real debrid site.

toyutah1

Oct 6, 2018
This keeps getting worse this month. I watched news for a while, then the two sports channels that worked fine today won't even turn on. I must be missing something basic or easy. Now I try re-location on vpn, then turn everything off and restart it hoping it is fixed...

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
The channels you are mentioning are typically played via an addon. Either way, if it is live sports or live news, it is likely IPTV and is still infringing here. Unless you are talking about USTV Now which is legal.
You are not explaining yourself very clearly. Kodi doesn't have channels per se. Maybe if you tell us how you normally access said channels, maybe we can help. Note though that if this is not supported here or it is blacklisted, we won't be able to help.

toyutah1

Oct 6, 2018
So you mean the RSIPTV, or the IPTV addon? And the other one, USTV, I've had for 18 months or so.
Is this site based only on addons that come from Github? If it is, I am probably done because I don't find the channels I watch on there.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
We are not based on github exclusively but that really doesn't mean anything. I have done a quick google search and found that RSIPTV is not supported here and is likely an infringing addon which we do not support nor discuss on this forum.

toyutah1

Oct 6, 2018
I'm not sure which addons are covered in this forum. Should I mention them first, then explain what is going wrong?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
you can mention the addon. If it is infringing, it will be starred like this *****. If it is not starred, we will tell you if it is supported here.

toyutah1

Oct 6, 2018
Where is your list with addons and their rating or ***'s on them?
This is so strange. I've seen this before a few times, but everything is back, on both of my boxes. All channels are back. I don't know if something happened overnight, but everything sat there, and this morning it's all back. It's many addons and channels. I'll just say Federer just won at Shanghai, and I'm watching a match in Hong Kong right now. Cable doesn't have the channels I want.