Kodi Continually Resetting to "Factory"

Invincibleinc

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
Hey Gang,

I had this problem on an older version, it was gone with a preceding version and now it seems to be back again. I am running 16.0 currently.

Almost every time I shut down Kodi it dumps my settings, ie, i have a different background image, have hidden "music" "photos" etc from the confluence homescreen, and other things. When I restart it is back to the old stock blue background images, and all of my customization is gone.

It's super irritating.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Need more info. If Android, you could be running out of space so check that first and wipe your cache.

Idok Fire

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
That's where you get your moneys worth when you buy a device such as the NVidia Shield.

This stuff never happens to me.
does that make you feel better about paying so much for an android box?..lol I have never had this issue.. even on my 27$ android stick.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
does that make you feel better about paying so much for an android box?..lol I have never had this issue.. even on my 27$ android stick.
Reality is I never see these crazy problems. Say what you wnt, bash me all over the place, flame me, but I don't see these problems, hmm mm I wonder why?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
We're trying to sort out the well known problem the Nvidia Shield has with stuttery playback of AC3 videos here - https://forums.tvaddons.co/kodi-tweaks/44524-dolby-5-1-audio-buffering.html

If you can help us out with any suggestions as to how you got it working for you that would be great. Thanks in advance.
I was Not aware of any playback issues with the shield, perhaps I don't use AC3 videos. That said there was a new update to the shield a few days ago. Perhaps that resolved it. It should have, theoretically.

My point was a lot of folks coming in here with unproven equipment, the shield, although there may be some niggles with it, is still a proven piece of equipment. Of course we didn't know this poster was using windows until recently. It would help if people gave us more background information (like windows or android) when posting.

Sorry to offend, I was trying to make a valid point, and trying to help the op as well. I *had* good intentions.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Ok now knowing you are on windows try running kodi as administrator.
I agree, sounds like a permissions issue which run as admin would likely fix. I force close Kodi sometimes using tskill on Windows, it's a fairly robust os to run Kodi on and I've never had a problem where the skin resets like this even after killing the app myself.

As others have mentioned it could also be related to some anti-virus program or similar running in the background.

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
No offence taken mate so don't worry there. I agree with you that a lack of information makes it harder to try and track down any problems, I think we all assume Android is the core hardware if it's not specifically mentioned so when Windows came up as the OS for this Thread's particular problem then a lot of possible suggestions were no longer relevant. Yes, that was something that really should have been mentioned in the first post.

Anyone who make a contribution to a Thread is doing much more than those standing by and wondering whether to jump in or not. Sometimes unusual problems require unusual solutions and those can come from someone seeing it all through fresh eyes or spotting the obvious that we've all missed (like asking the basic question which OS is being used!)

Anyway....I was just jealous you've got an Nvidia Shield and I haven't :)

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
All good Stoofer, yes I have very roundabout ways to assist, sometimes you have to go sideways a bit before you can move forward, lol.

OP here's a link to help you run kodi as an administrator. change xs to ts

hxxp://www.cnet.com/how-to/always-run-a-program-in-administrator-mode-in-windows-10/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Kodi Support 2
C Kodi Skins 2
L Kodi Support 3