Kodi Download: No Stream

Hammerhead

Jul 8, 2019
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum. If not, please move.

I'm trying to download a stream to save for offline viewing, but I keep getting a 'no stream available' error. However, when selecting the same source for online viewing, it works just fine.

Yes, I have enabled the 'download' option and selected local storage, but no go.

Thanks in advance for your help!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Some addons require the user to set a download location for tv shows AND movies before you can download. Even if you only download movies.
If I may suggest, why not download to your laptop using a download manager and transfering the movie to your device using a SD card or thumb drive. It will download much faster and is easy to move.

Hammerhead

Jul 8, 2019
The addon in question is Ex**us Redux running on a Shield TV. I have already designated download locations for both to a folder on my network, though both 'movies' and 'TV shiws' are pointing to the same location.

The issue is that I like using Ex**us to locate shows because it's intuitive and easy. It used to work in a prior install, but not this time around, for some reason.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Are you downloading to a network location or local as in an attached usb device? If downloading on a network device, try to an attached device see if it works. Could be a but in Leia.

Hammerhead

Jul 8, 2019
Rob, per my above - no dice. How might one report such a thing to the Kodi folks for a fix? Seems to have gone bad at the last update to 18.3, if memory serves.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Unfortunately, because you are using addons not supported by the Kodi team, they will not address your problem. They might even ban you if you post such problems in their forum.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Yeah, I get that. Unfortunately, it seems to be a Kodi issue, not addon issues. But you cant report it to the Kodi team. I don't think we can help either since it is a Kodi problem. Sorry m8.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
@Hammerhead, since you asked,
Reporting an issue to the kodi people requires jumping through hoops.
The first thing you need to do is find an official addon that has the same function and that also fails the same way.
Make sure it fails on more than one device (preferably on a Windows or Linux PC)
Backup your kodi folder and have a fresh install or use a fresh install on the second device
Either way, with only that official addon and their official log uploader installed.
Turn on debugging and run the official addons function so that it fails.
Upload the log showing the failure using their uploader.
Goto their site and register with a different name than you use here (or any third party sites).
Never ever, for any reason, mention any third party site(s), repo(s), or addon(s). I cant stress this enough!
In that addons forum section, post the link to where the log can be found with as much detail as you can about whats failing.

Now, if you know for sure its a kodi issue.
DO NOT post that, unless you can read their code, find where it fails in the code, and provide a properly coded fix for it.
Best practice with the official site:
Let the official addons dev know there is an issue.
Let the dev duplicate the failure.
Let the dev ask the kodi guys for help and a fix.
All that is just to try to keep you from getting kicked, shamed, your post moved to trash, or just ignored.
Still no guarantees though.

Reactions: capslock

Hammerhead

Jul 8, 2019
LOL

Yeah, for we laypersons, there's so much going on "under the hood" that it's hard to know how to diagnose anything. Heck, I'm not even sure what bit does what part... IOW, when I go looking for content, what part handles which function so I can at least guess at where the hangup might be?

And getting help is even harder. Kodi doesn't want to talk about addons, the Debrid-type (Premiumize, etc.) folks don't want to answer questions about Kodi, and the VPN guys don't want to know nothin' either. But everybody wants the money, though. Go figure.

It's just all so frustrating.

Thanks for your help!