Kodi Firesticks dont work Kodi on Computers do?

cata789

May 1, 2019
Good afternoon I’m looking for suggestions and opinions on an issue I’m having.
My kodi on titanium build on my firestick stopped working about a week ago. What I mean about not working is that it takes 10 minutes to go from page to page, plus another 15 for the Y*da to find me a link to play. Once it finds a link everything plays fine but it just extremely slow going from page to page.
At first, I thought it may have been a bad router because I had issues with it before. So, I replaced it with a new router no luck. I also thought maybe my ISP was blocking my addons and streaming. But when I installed Kodi with titanium on 2 computers at the house on the same network, Kodi/titanium build works perfectly super-fast no issues on the 2 computers. So, I don’t think my ISP is blocking anything. I also thought maybe that firestick was going bad so I went and got a new one and installed kodi with titanium and the same thing happens its extremely slow in Y*da and other things. I also tried different builds with no luck. So here’s where it gets interesting and this is the reason I’m looking for suggestions. I took both firesticks to a friend’s house plugged them in and Kodi works perfectly extremely fast.

anyone ever had this issue?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
A firestick has very little storage room. A build uses quite a bit of storage. At first it might work OK but as you go and cache, thumbs and packages are stored on the device it starts to bog. Best bet is to remove any build and run a basic skin with the one or two addons you can't live without.

Or you can do daily maintenance on the stick to keep it lean and mean. Note also that is doesn't have the ram or memory a PC has and will not run as smoothly. I never had a Android device that ran as smooth as my laptop until I got my Shield. That is as good or better than a Laptop.

cata789

May 1, 2019
That still doesn’t explain why it would start being extremely slow suddenly just inside kodi. And why both firesticks work perfectly at a friend’s house WIFI but not my wifi.

cata789

May 1, 2019
the firesticks are next to the router as are the 2 laptops i tried that work perfectly.
it just weird that all of a sudden that kodi on the firestick started being extremely slow but Netflix on the firestick works fine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Kodi Skins 2
L Kodi Support 2
X Kodi Support 0