Request KODI Function Request

iPaulTv

May 10, 2012
Hi.
Not sure if you have a thread for the forum community to request functions within KODI. Maybe one should be created...
My request would be for someway for me to identify which source is closest or best for me to use depending on my location.
Now when you click on a film for example you get an extensive list of sources, which is great but can these not be ordered by what would best respond for me. Maybe a ping time to the server for each would be the solution, not very technical with this so maybe way off the mark.
Thanks all to those that spend the time to create these groundbreaking applications.

dkplayaclub

Sep 14, 2012
Rochester, NY
So, you've been a member for almost 3 years and nobody has told you that this isn't the official Kodi website? lol.
Head on over to kodi.tv if you want to ask for features.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Hi.
Not sure if you have a thread for the forum community to request functions within KODI. Maybe one should be created...
My request would be for someway for me to identify which source is closest or best for me to use depending on my location.
Now when you click on a film for example you get an extensive list of sources, which is great but can these not be ordered by what would best respond for me. Maybe a ping time to the server for each would be the solution, not very technical with this so maybe way off the mark.
Thanks all to those that spend the time to create these groundbreaking applications.
Very tough thing to do, even a ping test wouldn't be accurate.. the site can always respond fast but they could be throttling downloads for free users

We really have no way of telling how good a host is until you start the download stream

Also keep in mind, that big long list of possible hosts? Well imagine how long you will be sitting there waiting for the list to show if we put in a mechanism to test each one

iPaulTv

May 10, 2012
dkplayaclub, Like a lot of users i tend to only come looking on the forums when i need help with stuff so thanks for pointing out kodi.tv.
Eldorado, thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying, what about a location option before you get to the sources based on results of a poll of where people access KODI from. Or does the location again not necessarily mean it will be a faster service.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hi.
So, you've been a member for almost 3 years and nobody has told you that this isn't the official Kodi website? lol.
Head on over to kodi.tv if you want to ask for features.
Please do not ask for this feature at Kodi.tv. This is covered in their "Piracy Policy". They will not entertain such feature and will likely warn you and possibly even ban you for this.

dkplayaclub

Sep 14, 2012
Rochester, NY
Please do not ask for this feature at Kodi.tv. This is covered in their "Piracy Policy". They will not entertain such feature and will likely warn you and possibly even ban you for this.
Well, there are plenty of "legitimate" addons that use this functionality. I've been chastised by the moderators there simply because my log files contained references to tvaddons addons in them though, so it's really just a matter of asking nicely and using the right wording. :)

iPaulTv

May 10, 2012
RavRob - If only I had of read your post first. Haha.
It lasted about 2mins. because I mentioned Genesis...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Kodi Support 2
C Kodi Skins 2
J Indigo Tool 11