Kodi In Play Store. Kodi on Chromecast?

DukeMadison1978

Aug 11, 2015
Did this work?

yes you can
Were you able to go directly to play store on chromecast, and download the app. I have it on my phone, and that's exactly how I did it. It was so easy. I have it on a firestick, too, but that was a pain in the arse sideloading it through my computer. I'd love to just go get a chromecast, and download the app directly, to the device. Instead of going through everything I did with the firestick, plus now I'm stuck with 14.2 unless I reinstall kodi issengard to it. On my phone it automatically updated.

steveuk23

Aug 9, 2015
You can't install apps on a chromecast if that's what your getting at!
The chromecast is just basically a client that receives streams from devices.
From what I'm aware you can now send streams from Kodi to the chromecast by altering some files

DukeMadison1978

Aug 11, 2015
You can't install apps on a chromecast if that's what your getting at!
The chromecast is just basically a client that receives streams from devices.
From what I'm aware you can now send streams from Kodi to the chromecast by altering some files
Thanks! I didn't think so. Reason I was wondering cause I thought netflix was directly on the chromecast without mirroring from a device, so I thought maybe it had some update that allowed it. I'll just buy an Android tv box with Google play store. They're pretty inexpensive. I just didn't wanna order one if I could go up the street and buy a chromecast, and get what I want.