Kodi keeps freezing

King23

Apr 22, 2015
my kodi keeps freezing and not responding when I leave it on pause. I then have to turn off the whole unit. How can I fix this ?

j.bond

Nov 17, 2012
Not knowing the box or which version of Kodi (Kodi 14.2 “Helix” or Kodi 15.0 “Isengard”) your testing with, I'm sure some of the folks here might be scratching their heads, LOL. Just MHO I would do a Fresh Start and re-install, reminder that some Add-ons and or Repo are not discussed here.

Best of luck.

ftawizzards

Dec 22, 2014
lala land
re boot everything (hardware) ... sometimes an auto update of any of the addons used, or live streams (NOT from tvaddons- 3rd party addon) may cause conflict or file corrupt and almost impossible to find in which case a fresh install may be the only fix...i find i had to do this when an addon (in my case, Genisis ) is updated to newer version and screws up everything else ( it appears) and started to hang when opening up folders on different addons

so, no matter your platform, UNinstall and re-installing Kodi usually fixes all the hanging and/or freezing issues..it sucks but works - gl