Kodi loads but no addons play !

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Hi - I hope I am in the right forum location.
I have Kodi Helix installed on my Linux pc - until yesterday all worked just fine, then it just stopped working. I have Fusion, Su*** *epo installed and loaded Filmon, Ftv, and more. When I boot up everything loads up as normal, but refuses to play.
I have tried Fresh Start, uninstalling from terminal in Linux, nothing seems to work.
When I re-install despite the uninstall saying that the config files are gone all the addons return as normal, but nothing works.
I have a similar machine running Windows - all is fine !!!.
Any ideas please. How can I remove everything and get a fresh clean install.

theportoman

Mar 24, 2015
I have the same problem but my maintenance tool doesnt even work now. Is there some general issue happening here??

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Hi done this but regret still not working. As a point of interest I have found that the Radio " Listen Live.eu " works just fine on the "Music area " - it seems that it's just videos that are corrupted. I just don't seem able to completely get rid of the "Old installation"

agape56

Feb 9, 2015
North Alabama
Similar happened to me 48 hours ago. luckily I had a created a backup. I was running Helix 14.0 on Amazon FireTv's.
1. I uninstalled Helix 14.0 (prior backup existed)
2. Installed new Helix 14.2
3. Ran restore of my backup
4. Ran Addon Installer and Config Wizard
This helped me get back up running along with a few tweaks of the System Settings that my old Helix version had in place prior to the upgrade.

I had avoided updating Kodi prior to this. But the new version seems quicker.

theportoman

Mar 24, 2015
Right. I've just done a Fresh Start but it has made no difference to the add on. None of them play.

bicky

Nov 1, 2013
Portugal
Hi Guys - here's the latest !!!. - I could not get this Kodi installation to work on my Linux pc - so I reverted to an old installation of XBMC Gotham - this works just fine and will accept the back up that I created when Kodi was working.

I have tried several times by different ways to run Kodi, but as always at the last hurdle - it fails to play.

Anyone any ideas - is there a problem with Kodi & Linux ?? - has a hidden problem developed in my PC ??