kodi not very reliable

jmhng

Jul 28, 2015
every time you start kodi. its a 50 50 shot it will all work..no way to cut cable cost completely...but kodi would be good to watch a few movies... i installed the custom build from here, tvmc...and still cant install hallmark, are movies hd and a few others...starts to download then just guits, are says dependencies not met.....what a shame that after 10 years of work, a software program like kodi is still full of bugs.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
You are wrong, completely wrong. The software is very stable & there are no major bugs, just people who don't know & don't spend the time learning how to use it. You sound like a growing number of people who want a Sky box dropping into their lap for £40 spent on an Android box. Educate yourself on how the thing works before making such sweeping statement, I use it every day & experience no 'bugs'.

electromanjim

Mar 13, 2013
You are wrong, completely wrong. The software is very stable & there are no major bugs, just people who don't know & don't spend the time learning how to use it. You sound like a growing number of people who want a Sky box dropping into their lap for £40 spent on an Android box. Educate yourself on how the thing works before making such sweeping statement, I use it every day & experience no 'bugs'.
Have to Agree with you there FXB78 nothing out there comes close to what Kodi has to offer for your entertainment. A little reading goes a long way and thanks to forums like this all the info you need is at your keyboard. Cheers

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
every time you start kodi. its a 50 50 shot it will all work..no way to cut cable cost completely...but kodi would be good to watch a few movies... i installed the custom build from here, tvmc...and still cant install hallmark, are movies hd and a few others...starts to download then just guits, are says dependencies not met.....what a shame that after 10 years of work, a software program like kodi is still full of bugs.
feel free to develop an alternative

roach46

Nov 24, 2014
Kodi is the slickest thing since sliced bread, like its been posted, you need to do some learning and reading, knowledge and patience, is what makes kodi work best

You could always ask for your money back for the time you spent learning how to use a very worthwhile educational project.

Just a thought.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Kodi has bot all to do with tvmc,using addons from here or anything else

Its from the kodi foundation and is a mediacentre and it works completely fine and isnt full of bugs

If you are complaining about third party addons that you are trying to use with kodi,then thats a different issue altogether

Kodi has nothing to do with this place

Unfortunately people either dont realise this or have no clue what kodi actually is or where it comes from

Last edited:

jmhng

Jul 28, 2015
First off, I read through tons of material before installing on windows 7, i watched guite a few videos. I have read thread after threat on the issues people have posted. I am a coder from way back, and was reprograming eproms 15 years ago. I have a Mac machine, linux box, and ubuntu box....I started with windows 3.1..I then 95,the me, then xp, now windows 7. I have xml editors, can write in visual basic, know all my
dos commands, from years ago even know c plus and fortran....im not stupid.
SO..you guys answer this thats so fond of Kodi...
I have installed kodi helix about 12 times, learning curve. messing with the xml files and ini
I have installed kodi insegard about 25 times , learning curve. messing with xml files and ini
I have downloaded repos, zip files, and added addons.
I installed the Custom kodi from this site.
All i get is dependices not met on almost every item
I get could not connect to server
I can not update anything
I have a very fast internet connection, hardwired to router.
In kodi it says I am connected to the internet
I have no firewall on.
I formated my windows 7 machine, loaded fresh copy of windows 7, loaded kodi insengard...And it will not update.
I have checked every setting possible in windows 7.
So...what the heck am I missing..

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
''All i get is dependices not met on almost every item
I get could not connect to server
I can not update anything''

You have answered your question yourself. Leave it switched on and connected and provided auto updates are allowed it will sort itself out.

jmhng

Jul 28, 2015
thanks for all the input... i went to the kodi forum, which i hate, and read that they are having issues with servers, 3 rd party addons, repos and everything else...seems as if it is a kodi problem for sure and not one of my boxes....seems they did not debug insengard before they let it out....happens
not sure how to contact author,but mudislander..you rock i tried every skin i could get my hands on, and yours is the best..thanks.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Regards what you say you have found out,never heard anything like this

And why isnt it happening to everyone else?

And why if they "didnt debug isengard before they released it" is it happening to you with helix and tvmc

Can you provide a link to all this info so it can help others,cheers

p.s you will find mudislander over at kodi (the place you hate) where you have just been, in his skin section that you are using

Last edited:

scubascuba3

Feb 13, 2014
Kodi isn't for thickies. Addons and feeds come and go which can be frustrating but that's part of the deal.

It just goes to show you that grumpy old git's like my self that have very little computer skills, don't know how to programme, have asked for little or no help, have thourghly enjoyed my learning curve, and can't see where you are going wrong.
Tv addon's and kodi are so simple to use, more so to day than 3 years ago. If it is set up right a seven year old can go thru, the menu's to find his or her animate movies with very little bother. They have also learned new words like buffering and cache needs cleared .

If you take a little more time you will probably find out where your mistakes are as there are many simple things like spellings,or not configuring the addon's .

The most important thing is to have FUN and enjoy the addon's.

Smartie38

May 13, 2015
Never had any issues with kodi myself, everything is running great with all the addons I'm running.

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
I am a complete novice not even computer literate but i know kodi inside out this is down to reading up trial and error and a will to learn if i can manage to build from scratch you with your 15 years of computer knowledge can't get the basic's. Glad i wasn't in the same classes as you and i'm not having a pop at you there's too many people complaining without doing their research this forum is 5 star and i have the best home entertainment through the use of kodi if it's live sports you're after go down the open box way i have a zgemma star H1 for all my sports £50 for the box £50 for cable line 12 months and £40 for sat line for 12 months after buying your box you are looking at less then £100 a year for a full sky and cable pakage plus ppv but kodi is for my movies tv series and i use it more then my zgemma

jmhng

Jul 28, 2015
as i said it was all in there servers, now every thing will install, update, etc. loaded all my m3u list, and incorporated in an epg..works very nicely..the mere fact that i can watch movies, add my music and videos in one source and run through my home theater is what got me started. I did order a smart media player, hopefully it works as said, and can be customized.
there is some errors in python script..but i fixed it.
and for all of you that say kodi works great...then why is it that every single forum about kodi is so full of post about how it is not working correctly, expecially on this forum...

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
as i said it was all in there servers, now every thing will install, update, etc. loaded all my m3u list, and incorporated in an epg..works very nicely..the mere fact that i can watch movies, add my music and videos in one source and run through my home theater is what got me started. I did order a smart media player, hopefully it works as said, and can be customized.
there is some errors in python script..but i fixed it.
and for all of you that say kodi works great...then why is it that every single forum about kodi is so full of post about how it is not working correctly, expecially on this forum...
So after the 38 times of you installing kodi and reformatting your pc,now its magically working for you after the advice given on here?

Their servers have been fixed,their repos have been fixed,their addons have been fixed,isengard has been debugged in the last few hours and re released so it works now?

Again,can you provide a link to this information showing all these problems that kodi are saying they are having and showing that they now fixed everything over there so others can be helped

As pointed out earlier,kodi is not from here so people arent complaining about kodi not working,its addons and other problems they are having issues with and kodi does work great.Its a mediacentre and it works absolutely fine

There is nothing wrong with kodi so unless you can provide links to all this info you keep saying you have read from them,please stop giving false information claiming something is wrong with it when there clearly isnt

You might want to share the errors you fixed in the python script also with the developers so that it can help in future so these problems dont happen again

On the plus side,good to see you got up and running :)

Last edited:

Smartie38

May 13, 2015
And what about all the other people using kodi without any issues, are you expecting them all to sign up to a forum just to say 'hey this kodi is working great', it's a known fact that the majority (notice I didn't say all) of people sign upto a forum to ask for help, those users not having any problems tend not to bother with forums and I've no doubt there's a lot more people using kodi than just the users of forms such as this and the official kodi forum etc.

bobsworld

Apr 21, 2015
Rocky Mount VA
Kodi and TVADDONS and TVMC and all the developers ROCK!! Never had any problems that I did not create myself that was not easily fixed by reading the wiki or visiting the forum. As far as TVMC it could not be any easier. Have installed on many machines and even on my phone, spreading the word!!