kodi not very reliable

jmhng

Jul 28, 2015
my first encounter with kodi...my cousin called and she got a tv box to get live tv free and she could guit her direct tv. me being from the old days of reprogramming dish and direct cards, got my interest up..so i started reading about these smart media boxes. this guy charged her 200.00 bucks for this box...i asked what it was and she said kodi...when i went to her house to see it , it was a 29.00 rasbperry pi. what a rip off...i do plan to help this community in some way just as i did in the old days, of maybe writing some scripts, white papers, etc.
I do have an idea for a script that will search the net with one tool to get live channels, using a program i wrote called urlopenmack..if it works, i would love to share here....thanks for all the comments, pro and con...
I do belong to a wine forum and have helped hundreds learn to make there own wine, and have been admin on the like...so i know what forums are all about...thnks guys.

r1crazier

Jun 9, 2014
A few days ago the server was down for mandatory kodi updates. So with OP it was just bad timing. It happens

jmhng

Jul 28, 2015
al101, i think you are correct....i think streaming has came a long way,and will just get better, and with so many people going that route with netflix, kodi, etc...maybe the big cable companies will start letting people make up there own package instead for forceing you to have 400 channels that you dont watch....thanks for your reply.

Delwashy

Apr 5, 2014
Bolton(England)
Kodi as got to be the best and free way to stream a movie or TV series i've used it for many years of course if you're new or just starting out you will get issues and that's what this forum is for but once you've got an understanding of how it all works then it's happy days. The only way for people to cut the cost of cable/sky after setting up kodi is to get your self a twin openbox receiver which i have and after buying my box it costs less the £100 for the year:eek:

ap17

Jan 28, 2015
There's definitely issues with Kodi 15. I updated from 14.2 on my fire TV and now have sound issues that make kodi 15 mostly silent. Sound comes and goes, mostly goes. 14.2 didn't have this problem.

timberwolfsc

Jul 13, 2013
east coast, USA
running Javis 16 alpaha1 on a linux based htpc with zero issues.

im not a fan of the plug n play android based boxes at all. maybe they are better now than what i experienced a few years back.