Kodi not working on Nexus player, Help please.

Heathy

Aug 12, 2014
Hi, I've just bought a nexus player for my mum as I thought it would be less complicated than some of the other android boxes available,

I'm in the uk and my broadband is with BT, (currently using a minix x8 without any problems.)

I've loaded Kodi onto the nexus from the play store, I have then installed Genesis, Pho*nix, SA*TS. None of them will play anything, SA*TS does bring up program listings but Genesis doesn't even do that.

I'm a bit lost now as what to do next, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
You are in the UK which means your ISP has likely blocked all of the content that the addons grab

Search this forum for VPN solutions or alternate URL's that you can configure the addons to use

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
If there are no listings in the addons,disable smart setup on the homehub if you havent done so already (but for sites that are blocked you will need to do as eldorado suggested)

Last edited:

Heathy

Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for the replys, but what I can't understand is that genisis works fine on my minix x8, I've just had it on to double check?

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Did you turn off smart setup and try again?

It doesnt play well with some devices

hoopes4908

Sep 4, 2015
WA
Warning Level: 0%
Today 19:22 Post: #1
I've about given up on kodi. It's more work than it's worth. Everyone tells me how great it works by for me it's useless. I constantly have videos that won't play or buffer so I researched and was told to use auto play feature as it would automatically find me the best video well tried that and still stupid streams don't play they just start up paused and sit there for ten mutes. If I click play myself it plays for about 2 minutes then either buffers or I get retarded error saying cache was full. I'm not sure what I'm missing but at this point I'm just not using it and going make to much simpler torrent downloading and using plex. If someone wants to blame my connection speeds for my issues think again. I've done speed tests it's getting about 30-40 down and 20 up plenty for any good program to work. Frown

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Warning Level: 0%
Today 19:22 Post: #1
I've about given up on kodi. It's more work than it's worth. Everyone tells me how great it works by for me it's useless. I constantly have videos that won't play or buffer so I researched and was told to use auto play feature as it would automatically find me the best video well tried that and still stupid streams don't play they just start up paused and sit there for ten mutes. If I click play myself it plays for about 2 minutes then either buffers or I get retarded error saying cache was full. I'm not sure what I'm missing but at this point I'm just not using it and going make to much simpler torrent downloading and using plex. If someone wants to blame my connection speeds for my issues think again. I've done speed tests it's getting about 30-40 down and 20 up plenty for any good program to work. Frown
Cool and thanks for sharing your rant and for randomly posting it in someone elses thread that has nothing to do with whatever you are going on about

Enjoy your torrents and plex :)

Or...if you are trying to ask for help,then go about it in the right way and im sure someone will be willing to give you some advice and maybe get you going

Last edited:

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
If all that stuff works on the x8h then you've already ruled out your new android hardware being tested as the culprit.

That's basic troubleshooting 101, not anyone else's fault whatsoever.

Throw it in the garbage and get another.