Kodi on Apple TV 4

Kranon

Jan 15, 2017
Hi all,

While I know that Kodi on Apple TV 4 (non-jailbroken) is not supported currently, I decided to put it on anyway. My question is in regard to the developer's account. I know that the free account is valid for 7 days before I have to re-sideload Kodi to continue using it. If I choose to purchase the developer's account ($99 per year), will it automatically allow my app to continue working beyond 7 days, or will I have to uninstall it, re-sign it, and put it on the apple TV again?

JAPGEISHA

Aug 8, 2012
Hi all,

While I know that Kodi on Apple TV 4 (non-jailbroken) is not supported currently, I decided to put it on anyway. My question is in regard to the developer's account. I know that the free account is valid for 7 days before I have to re-sideload Kodi to continue using it. If I choose to purchase the developer's account ($99 per year), will it automatically allow my app to continue working beyond 7 days, or will I have to uninstall it, re-sign it, and put it on the apple TV again?
yes it will stay valid for 1 year and not just 7 days

TalkBackJohnny

Mar 6, 2017
I've installed Kodi on the AppleTV4. would it be better to keep upgrading the Kodi.deb every once in a while? Is the buffering issue fixed? How can I get the configs like addons transfered to the new app upload.