Kodi opens on 'music' not 'movies'

JackieO

Apr 13, 2015
Hi, as the title suggests, when I reinstalled Kodi for Android )on my MX box) a while ago, it suddenly defaulted to 'music' and not 'movies' like it's meant to. Last month I reinstalled Kodi again but it still does the same thing. Any ideas?

Jamiew1977

May 13, 2014
Hi, as the title suggests, when I reinstalled Kodi for Android )on my MX box) a while ago, it suddenly defaulted to 'music' and not 'movies' like it's meant to. Last month I reinstalled Kodi again but it still does the same thing. Any ideas?
Hi JackieO.
System/Settings/Appearance/Skin/Startup Window, and pick movies.

JackieO

Apr 13, 2015
I am talking about the ribbon. It now defaults to music and I have to click left to get to movies. It's not the biggest KOdi issue but it's annoying.

JackieO

Apr 13, 2015
I am using Confluence. I did fancy a chance but the different skins move things about - like in system - so decided to stick with it.

Reactions: Jamiew1977

bru20

Jan 7, 2016
Mine has always opened to Movies. I just assumed that it was the default. I use Config Wizard/Fusion (Android).

Last edited:

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Confluence skin on Kodi defaults the third active visible screen as the Home Screen, unless there are only three in which case it's the second. So to default to Movies (or anything else) you have to make sure it's the third visible Menu Button.

If you have more than two visible Menu Buttons before Movies then you'll have to shunt the Menu Button you want to default to into third place manually by hacking into the Confluence skin. I haven't touched Confluence for a long while but I'd start in Home.xml and move the Item ID blocks around so that whatever you want to default to is set to be third in the list. It doesn't have to be the third physical absolute entry just the third relative to visibility.

Other skins of course can handle the Menu display order differently.