Request Kodi screen size keeps changing

Rooshkins

Sep 18, 2016
I'm fairly new to all this but pretty savvy when it comes to it but this is confusing the hell out of me. I'm running kodi 16.1 on an m7 pro android box running 5.1.1. I set everything up on the box first & then all my addons in kodi as I had on my fire stick, however, the screen size in kodi keeps defaulting either smaller or bigger when I'm in the middle of watching something !
I've checked all the usual settings, hdmi output is correct for my tv, zoom on kodi is at 0% and even done the manual screen calibration in kodi settings. I've reinstalled everything & it was fine for a bit !
I've had no screen size issues before on other devices & im at a bit of a loss. Any help to solve this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rooshkins

Sep 18, 2016
Disable your hardware acceleration in Kodi see if that fixes the problem
Thanks, sure I've tried that but will try again. I'm thinking it may be a setting on the actual android box as the home screen on 5.1.1 seems to stretch as soon as I've had the problem in kodi & come out of it. It then corrects itself before I start kodi again.
I'll update tomorrow when I've played something.

Rooshkins

Sep 18, 2016
Thanks, sure I've tried that but will try again. I'm thinking it may be a setting on the actual android box as the home screen on 5.1.1 seems to stretch as soon as I've had the problem in kodi & come out of it. It then corrects itself before I start kodi again.
I'll update tomorrow when I've played something.
I've tried it again now with all video acceleration off & auto detect hdmi setting on the android 5.1.1 display settings and it's done it again ! Was fine for about 20 mins then it happened. I'm at a complete loss now !
Cheers

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Maybe something corrupt in your setup. I would remove Kodi completely, download it from Kodi dot TV, reinstall, set fusion as your source and install the Addon Installer to install only one or two addons for now and see if it works better or does the same thing.

If you want, save your user_data and addons folders so you can go back to your original setup again.

Rooshkins

Sep 18, 2016
Maybe something corrupt in your setup. I would remove Kodi completely, download it from Kodi dot TV, reinstall, set fusion as your source and install the Addon Installer to install only one or two addons for now and see if it works better or does the same thing.

If you want, save your user_data and addons folders so you can go back to your original setup again.
Thanks I'll try that now although I did do a fresh install of kodi before but I put the complete fusion package on. I'll put one or two addons on & see what that does. I'm thinking there maybe a fault on the box as its only 2 weeks old so I may end up replacing it.
Cheers

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
Try forcing the screen resolution in android to 1080 as you say it's set to auto.
For me it seems like a problem with the box as you said it does it in android too.
Do no harm to try a different HDMI cable either.

Rooshkins

Sep 18, 2016
Thanks for suggestion. I have tried setting the hdmi manually & that didn't make any difference. I haven't tried a different cable as its packed up & ready to be picked up tomorrow & replaced the day after so not a big problem, just annoying as I prefer the hard wired option on the box as opposed to the wifi only fire stick !! Cheers though.