Kodi stuck on mute

obsidianwings

Jan 11, 2016
Hi,
A couple of days ago my Kaiser Baas SMP (android) randomly started having the volume right down when I first turn it on, and of course this means kodi is muted and has the red mute icon also. When I use the volume controls on my keyboard it turns up the volume in android, but there is still no sound in kodi and the red mute icon is still there.
Anyone have any clue how to ideally get the SMP to start having the volume turned up when I turn it on again (and for that also to apply to kodi like it used to), or at the very least have it so when I manually change the volume that applies to kodi as well, as it used to.
Thanks in advance

obsidianwings

Jan 11, 2016
Managed to solve the problem. Apparently the sound on android needs to be up before kodi is opened, thats why kodi was still muted even when I turned the android volume up, and that was a problem as I use the xbmc launcher so kodi is the first thing that opens.
I still don't know why the SMP suddenly decided to reset its media volume to 0 everytime it was turned on, but resetting my app preferences seems to have solved the problem.

obsidianwings

Jan 11, 2016
That seemed to only fix it temporarily, so i am needing help again.
Clearing app preferences only works in keeping the volume on until the next time I use an android app (the volume is still on then, but any time i've used an android app and then turn the smp off and turn it back on later its on mute again). I have been using XBMC launcher so I have turned that off of course since its pointless if it always turns on kodi in silent, and have noticed when i go back to stock launcher using android apps does affect my volume at all.
So it seems to be related to XBMC launcher, however i've been using this for a couple of weeks now and its only just started doing it, and I have another smp using the same set up that does not have this problem.
I'll continue using stock launcher for now as thats essentially problem solved, but i'd like to start booting straight into kodi again so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.