Kodi Updated and now stuck at splash screen "Add-on Migration in Progress"

1SmartChick

Mar 25, 2014
I have a ShieldTV box. I rebooted my box today and when I restarted Kodi it updated to Krypton 17 (not sure which release) and is now stuck on the splash screen with the message "Add-on migration in progress - please wait". I have waited for over an hour and nothing has changed.

I was not prompted to upgrade it happened automatically when I started Kodi.

PaPaGriM

Mar 3, 2013
I have a ShieldTV box. I rebooted my box today and when I restarted Kodi it updated to Krypton 17 (not sure which release) and is now stuck on the splash screen with the message "Add-on migration in progress - please wait". I have waited for over an hour and nothing has changed.

I was not prompted to upgrade it happened automatically when I started Kodi.
I just experienced the same issue on the same device. I've been waiting for an hour and nothing.

1SmartChick

Mar 25, 2014
I finally gave up and uninstalled Kodi and then reinstalled it. I had to set everything up again but at least Kodi is working. And man the new layout is going to take some serious getting used to.

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
And man the new layout is going to take some serious getting used to.
Ya I just use another skin, i can't get used to it. every-time i re-install kodi i try it for a while,but it doesn't get any better for me. way too many clicking around needed to do the same thing, plus the vertical part i just can't..