KODI Upgrade Help - 13.2 to 14.2?

lava99

Mar 11, 2015
Hi There,

I am currently running Kodi 13.2 on my Android Box and recently noticed a message that asked me if I wanted to upgrade to 14.2. Does it makes sense to upgrade. Has anyone done it without any issues. I have noticed my box does reboot every once in a while. Will this fix that? Do you lose all of your current settings including apps that have been already installed? Any help with this would be appreciated....

Ljf7249

Apr 28, 2015
I hated the 14.2 had lots of issues on atv2 went back to 13.2 and haven't had any troubles since then

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hi There,

I am currently running Kodi 13.2 on my Android Box and recently noticed a message that asked me if I wanted to upgrade to 14.2. Does it makes sense to upgrade. Has anyone done it without any issues. I have noticed my box does reboot every once in a while. Will this fix that? Do you lose all of your current settings including apps that have been already installed? Any help with this would be appreciated....
If I were you I would leave it alone....at least for a couple more months. Isenguard 15 is in Beta stage and it is awesome. In a coupld of months it will likely be released as a stable version. I would update at that time. For now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PS. I have been using Isenguard since the Alpha 1 stage and it is totaly awesome.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
If I were you I would leave it alone....at least for a couple more months. Isenguard 15 is in Beta stage and it is awesome. In a coupld of months it will likely be released as a stable version. I would update at that time. For now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PS. I have been using Isenguard since the Alpha 1 stage and it is totaly awesome.
i understand the " if it aint broke dont't fix it" approach but you have given a bit of a mixed message there :)

leave it at 13.2, but 15.1 is totally awesome !...awesome sounds very tempting...you have to bite the bullet at some time !

how about a halfway house and go to stable 14.2 ?

Last edited:

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It's just that Beta isn't for everyone. If you are looking for a good stable version, stick with 13.2. I didn't think 14 was that good. But if you are willing to test a beta version, then by all means go to Isenguard beta 1. I have had zero issues with it. All addons that worked in 14 work in Isenguard. The only addon I have that isn't working is 181.fm....but it didn't work in 14 either. All else works great.

Sorry about the mixed message. I don't normally test Alpha versions but Isenguard was great right from the word GO in Alpha stage. If you decide to test Isenguard, don't forget that it is in Beta and as such could break some addons that are working now. Just a fair warning.

Note also that Android has to be 4.2 or better to run Isenguard or Helix.

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Kodi 14 is a bit of a Windows Vista/Windows 8 type release, I think they rushed it through just to get the name changed to Kodi. If you're running Gotham without issues you might as well wait for a stable version of Kodi 15.

lava99

Mar 11, 2015
Thank you everyone for advice. I appreciate it. That helps me with my decision...I might stay put for a couple of months. I am assuming your apps don't have to be reinstalled if you do a version upgrade does it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Kodi Support 8
B Kodi Support 2
B Video Addons 4