Kodi v 18.6 crashes

movies1261

May 4, 2020
I am having problems with Kodi when I try to watch a movie in Ex**us or Marauder or Plex or Cloud TV. Everything is fine until the movie tries to start and then I get a message that says "Unfortunately Kodi has stopped". There are a couple of live TV channels that still work a CBS affiliate from Miami and the Weather Channel. Those happen to be in my favorites but everything in my video addons will crash kodi if I try to run anything from the video addons... Everything use to work. I have tried to update every video addon but that did not do anything.. Any ideas????

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Have you tried uninstalling the addons, restart kodi and reinstall the addons.
You could also use indigo to perform a reset of kodi. This will remove all your addons. You will then reinstall the addons you really want.
You could also remove kodi completely and start fresh.
Do you have a advancedsettings.xml on your box? You may have your buffer set too high. This could cause the box to crash.

movies1261

May 4, 2020
Thank you for your response.... When you say advancedsettings.xml on the buffer set too high..... Would I find this in the system setting of Kodi or would I go into the tools of Ex**us and look for a buffer setting there? I guess what I am getting at is I am not sure where to find the buffer setting...

movies1261

May 4, 2020
Also, I have done a full backup and beautiful .zip file is created but if I ever try to restore the .zip file the program can't read it and I always make a minimum of two backups and most of the time I make three copies of the backup and every copy is created great but can't be read when trying to restore. If I'm going to use Indigo I would like a backup.. Thanks

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Indigo has a backup feature. However, my favorite way to backup is manually. I simply use es file explorer or xplorer, navigate to the kodi folder on my device and backup the whole thing to a sd card or usb stick.
You will find the advancedsettings.xml using the same method outside of kodi. It is located in your userdata folder.
Did you setup kodi yourself or did you buy a preloaded box? If you did it yourself you would know if you created an advancedsettings.xml file. It is not automatic, it has to be done manually. If someone else loaded the box for you it could be that file is the problem.

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
I've sometimes have thesame issue with a self-installed kodi 18.6 and Ex...s *.8.5.5. Some people say that it is the HEVC option in the settings of your/every add-on, you have to disable it because if the player cannot play such a file it exits the addon and exits Kodi. I have tried this option but I am not convinced so I'm keeping an eye on this problem on several sites.

movies1261

May 4, 2020
Thank you. That fixed it.... I got it preloaded but it had an older version of kodi on it I put the V 18.6 myself but I didnt mess with any of that.....I just loaded it over the older version and then went and got the programs that I wanted for it.