Kodi v17 - Working add-on list?

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
Good day guys,

I'm new to the fourms so please excuse me if this is a basic question.

I'm runing Kodi on my appletv 4 which means i'm using v17, also runing v17 on two other macs.

With that being said i've found many apps to be buggy or just not working and I totaly understand that seeing this is alpha of kodi. With that said i'm not rushing any one just woundering if there are a list of working apps for this version and if so if you can point me in the direction.

Honestly looking for a LiveTV app with US stations. so far all the ones i've tried don't work maybe it's me or buggy but have yet to find one that works well.

Thanks

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
AFAIK all addons are working with Krypton. I have V17 on two machines and haven't run across a single addon that didn't work.
Just woundering are you running the nightlys and or appletv 4 version?

I've had more that don't work then work and most of the ones that do are buggy in someway.

Ex**us is one that works fine.

Are you installing the whole package or just individule plugings, I'm trying to keep it light and just install what I need.

Can you suggest a good live tv addon with US channels that is working for you?

Thanks

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I am using the nightly. I haven't installed a new nightly in a while. They went from 90+meg to less than 80meg. I'm thinking there might be something missing. I'll wait a bit before installing a new one. The one I am using now is dated 16 July and it works slick.

I always start with the Fusion installer and install the repos I know I will need. I finish the rest using the Addon Installer for some addons if I can't remember the dev who created it or if I want to try something new.

For US channels, I use USTV Now. Mhancoc7 is keeping up with the changes on their site and keeps it working well. For this you have to be out of the US or use a VPN to show and "out of US" IP.

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
I am using the nightly. I haven't installed a new nightly in a while. They went from 90+meg to less than 80meg. I'm thinking there might be something missing. I'll wait a bit before installing a new one. The one I am using now is dated 16 July and it works slick.

I always start with the Fusion installer and install the repos I know I will need. I finish the rest using the Addon Installer for some addons if I can't remember the dev who created it or if I want to try something new.

For US channels, I use USTV Now. Mhancoc7 is keeping up with the changes on their site and keeps it working well. For this you have to be out of the US or use a VPN to show and "out of US" IP.
Thanks for helping out @RavRob

Yes I just installed the addon installer again. When I launch the app I can see all the green box's but if I go into any of them there empty. Say Video addons nothing is in there.

I am using
Build: Kodi 17.0-Alpha3 Git:2016-07-24-bbb262d

Going to uninstall and run though a fresh install to see if it helps. I dought it since it's happening on multiple mashines

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016

I always start with the Fusion installer and install the repos I know I will need. I finish the rest using the Addon Installer for some addons if I can't remember the dev who created it or if I want to try something new..

I did a little testing.

Uninstalled and installed a fresh version July 25th
add repo http://fusion.tvaddons.co and installed the installer.
I then went to the program addon and any option I click in there does not have addons listed

Ok uninstalled and installed version of July 16th once your using.. However question which platform are you on? i'm using OSX and ultimatly appletv4.

With that said I webt triought the same steps I previously and ended up with same results.

Am I over lookings something?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I am on Windows 10.

With addon installer try the search by dev/addons and type the addon you want. IE. Type Ex**us. You should then see Ex**us and a Ex**us Theme (or something like that). Click on the Ex**us addon and it should install. If not, maybe post a log see what gives.

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
I am on Windows 10.

With addon installer try the search by dev/addons and type the addon you want. IE. Type Ex**us. You should then see Ex**us and a Ex**us Theme (or something like that). Click on the Ex**us addon and it should install. If not, maybe post a log see what gives.
Ok I tried the search and nothing comes up. Even Ex**us which I know works when I install it manually.

Ok So from log start
I clock on Addon installer then click on featured (nothing populates) here is the log illustrating just that FYI: have no clue what i'm looking at here

Last edited:

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
Here is another run at the log with the search option searching Ex**us

Code:
09:01:02 T:123145308819456   DEBUG: Searching URL: http://addons.tvaddons.co/search/?keyword=Ex**us&criteria=title
09:01:03 T:123145308819456    INFO: CPythonInvoker(16, /Users/thomasfraley/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/plugin.program.addoninstaller/default.py): script successfully run
09:01:03 T:123145302839296   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
09:01:03 T:123145302839296   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 123145302839296 terminating
09:01:03 T:123145308819456    INFO: Python script stopped
09:01:03 T:123145308819456   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 123145308819456 terminating
09:01:03 T:140735151251456   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
09:01:07 T:140735151251456   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
09:01:17 T:140735151251456   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
09:01:19 T:140735151251456   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
 Marker - Jul 26, 2016, 9:01:21 AM

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
OK Please do not post logs like that in the forum. It makes the forum untidy and the log can't be searched for details. Please look at my sig on now to post a log. All we need is the link that gets emailed to you from the log uploader.

Also, these are not full log.

Also, have you tried the same thing using Jarvis? Krypton is in Alpha stage and may be the culprit. I would uninstall it completely, install Jarvis and try again with the addon installer. If only to rule out possible Alpha problems.

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
You can't install Jarvis on Apple TV 4, hence he is using an old alpha version of Krypton. No surprise it doesn't work tbh, the best advice is to just wait until the thing has at least a beta release.

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
OK Please do not post logs like that in the forum. It makes the forum untidy and the log can't be searched for details. Please look at my sig on now to post a log. All we need is the link that gets emailed to you from the log uploader.

Also, these are not full log.

Also, have you tried the same thing using Jarvis? Krypton is in Alpha stage and may be the culprit. I would uninstall it completely, install Jarvis and try again with the addon installer. If only to rule out possible Alpha problems.

RavRob, Sorry for the log thing i'm new to the fourms and didn't understand you mean a link when you asked for the logs

Isn't v17 = Krypton? You said you were runing v17 fine or am I misstaken.

With that said i'm keeping to v17 because thats whats on my AppleTv4 trying to keep it consistant this way I know what works on my iMac also works on my AppleTv4 ..(for the most part)

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
You can't install Jarvis on Apple TV 4, hence he is using an old alpha version of Krypton. No surprise it doesn't work tbh, the best advice is to just wait until the thing has at least a beta release.
FXB78, exactly. It looks like the nightly for AppleTv4 are more like monthlys with that said on my Imac and MacbookPro I am runing nightly and have the latest runing and still having these problems

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
As I have said, the problem could be Krypton itself. Alpha are known to be buggy. The only thing that could clear some problems is to post a log (IAW my signature).

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
As I have said, the problem could be Krypton itself. Alpha are known to be buggy. The only thing that could clear some problems is to post a log (IAW my signature).
Could you tell me the name in the repo for TVA Log Uploader..

I can not use the addon installer so need to add it manualy and do not see anything with that name. Maybe the file is labeled somethign else?

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
Ok I have put the log file on my dropbox account to share a link
-Enabled debug.
-Shut down
-Started
-Opened addon installer
-Opend folder "Featured"
-Back
-Opend folder "Search"
-Did a search for "Expdos"
-Exit Kodi

Copied log to dropbox
Link

Let me know if that helps

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I can't download your log. Please follow the guide in my signature. If you do this correctly, the log uploader should send you a link for the log via Email. Post that link here.

tfraley

Jul 25, 2016
I can't download your log. Please follow the guide in my signature. If you do this correctly, the log uploader should send you a link for the log via Email. Post that link here.
Rob i'm unable to use the downloader in order to get the TVA Log Uploader
Which is why I put the log up on dropbox not sure why it's not working for you.

I asked before but do you know which item in the repository is TVA Log Uploader so I can install it mannualy. I don't see anything with that name in it.

Would of posted earlier but seems the froums were unreachable for awhile.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
The log can be seen now but it seems you didn't not catch anything but the start up in it. You need to catch the problem in the log. I don't see anything in your log at all. No errors and no warnings.