Bug Kodi Video Add-Ons BUG

CubeCraft101

Mar 16, 2017
Kodi Video Add-On Help

Hello Everybody,
I just started using my new MXQ Pro Mini (Leelbox) and I used the Fusion Config Wizard and installed that and it added all of the addons for each category! The main Addon I want to use is Ex**us, so when I open Ex**us it shows me the categories like Movies, TVShows, ect...When I choose Movies or TV shows it takes me too another list of categories like Most popular, New episodes ect when I click on any of the categories it will show the workint symbol down in the bottom right corner for a couple seconds then it will go awayand nothing opens or happens, same thing with the search category its not just on Ex**us its also of 1Ch**nel and other TV and Movie Addons!! Please somebody like an admin or developer or anyone help me with this issue, Thank you!! PLEASE GET BACK TO ME A.S.A.P!

Last edited:

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Can't say if this will help, but it might especially if you have it hard wired... Look in the Android settings for some of these cheap Asian boxes there will be a 'fake wifi' or 'fake cellular' type setting, enable that... In some builds of Android and some apps (can't say if it effects Kodi) some apps simply don't recognize they are actually connected to the Internet when it's hard wired...

For good measure unplug your router/modem, wait 30 seconds and replug it back in forcing a cold reboot...

Also are you sure your ISP is not censoring or blocking you?

Beyond that try posting a log, so that someone can look over it for a clue...

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
I am sure someone with a bit more authority will get back to you soon. In the meantime shouting BUG at the top of your voice when clearly it's not (multiple add-ons failing the same way) may not be the best way to elicit help. The only BUG that may happen in these circumstances must logically be with Kodi itself then, and they have their own support Forum to handle that. Of course it's possible that you yourself have done something to cause all this, or there's a problem with your hardware, or a problem with your comms, or a problem with your router, or a problem with your ISP etc.

Anyway, welcome to the Forums, enjoy your stay, follow Meep's advice and post a log to help out whoever follows up on this.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Hello, Meep!
Where do I get an upload from and how do I attach it and take screenshots of it?!
https://www.tvaddons.co/loguploader-kodi-jarvis/
https://www.tvaddons.co/kodi-logs-jarvis/

ALSO What is an ISP and How do I check if it is blocking something!?
ISP = Internet service provider, aka the company you pay to have Internet... Some ISPs are known to block, if you share your ISP someone might know if it's one known to bock and censor...

Finally where would I find this Fake Wifi or Fake Cellular setting mayb?
If it is to be found it will be in the Android networks settings, how to get there exactly will depend on how your version of Android is built and what version of Android, there is no set of instructions that will work universally... But, most start with opening a 'settings' link on the device then finding the network settings area, you had to get into this area to connect to the Internet when the device arrived... The setting I describe might or might not be there...

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
To keep with the 'community effort' it's best that problems be addressed and solved in the open forum so that others can learn, benefit and solve similar problems in the future without additional help, private messages really defeat that philosophy...

CubeCraft101

Mar 16, 2017
Before anything eles I would like to say that Kodi and Ex**us and all the other addons work on my pc tablet and phone I can go into category and search on my pc tablet and phone but NOT ON MY MXQ PRO MINI (LEELBOX) Hopefully that helps. (P.S.)..........................
Here is the link to the logs I dont know if this will help:
https://logs.tvaddons.co/psxrl6zpz
When I try to click on a category it doesnt come up with a notification of error though but look through the logs please and tell me whats happening Meep

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Remember when I wrote this - "...shouting BUG at the top of your voice when clearly it's not (multiple add-ons failing the same way) may not be the best way to elicit help" - now do you understand what I meant? We're all volunteers here with our own lives to lead so complaining that you've been "Waiting Forever" when it hasn't been 24 hours yet is pushing things a bit. So here is the one and only suggestion you're going to get from me, no followup messages because I've got better things to do with my time, and it's this.....

Go to Indigo and click on Network Speed Test on your box. If nothing happens and you get the message "Indigo Error" then your problem is you're not connected to the Internet. If you do get a result then wipe Kodi - wipe it as in nuke every last file and directory that has anything to do with it - reinstall it and start again by manually (repeat manually) installing one single add-on and trying that. If it's still failing after than then come back here and explain IN THIS THREAD ONLY what you've done, what results you now get and a DEBUG log showing what steps you've taken.

That's me done.

CubeCraft101

Mar 16, 2017
I did a network speed test on Indigo and I got Live Streams: Very Low quality streams might work, Movie Streams: Expect Buffering, don't try HD, Duration: 60.81 Seconds, Average Speed: 0.00Mb/s Max Speed : 0.00Mb/s so what does this mean? Should I move the box to the tv right besode my router because the box im using is in the room across the house from the router so could that be the case?

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
It means your box has NO or a very, very, very, very, very bad Internet connection...

Keep trying things until you get a good Internet connection on the box, until that happens there is nothing we can do here to help you...

Paoloc1978

Mar 19, 2017
Hello all
For some reason lately, when watching a movie or tv show is various addons, the stream stops then kicks me back to the main kodi page. It's a bit frustrating lol! It's on a android box. Worked fine the past few weeks. I have the log file on ubuntu pastbin on my phone but how do I upload it so someone can help me? Thanks in advanced!

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
I did a network speed test on Indigo and I got Live Streams: Very Low quality streams might work, Movie Streams: Expect Buffering, don't try HD, Duration: 60.81 Seconds, Average Speed: 0.00Mb/s Max Speed : 0.00Mb/s so what does this mean? Should I move the box to the tv right besode my router because the box im using is in the room across the house from the router so could that be the case?
Besides moving the box away form the tv and power cords, you can also fully reboot the box (unplug it) as well as your router and modem. Sometimes, you just have to do that.