Kodi won't work for me no matter what I try?!!!

Tombee

Jan 3, 2013
Hi guys - please, I'm going crazy - can someone please help me.

I was running an old version of XBMX on an ATV2 (years ago) and everything worked fine. Then a new version (Gotham or Frodo or something came out) and I've never been able to get it working again since. I have basically been without a working version of XBMC for 2 or 3 years now.

Then I read about KODI, so tried to install it again on my ATV2 - it worked for a day and then broke. I posted repeatedly in the forums asking for help but never really got any because the log uploader didn't work. The problem, basically, was this:

Everything looked great but when you went in to watch a film, and click on a letter, the screens were empty and just had ... in them. This happened on every addon; you could open the addon, select films, select a letter and then ...

In the end it drove me crazy and I just gave up.

Anyway, now I've lost my job so have some free time on my hands and thought I'd try and get it working again so I could watch the new GoT - but again it started to drive me insane so I though - *#@! it - 0*#@! you ATV2, I'll just download KODI on my mac.

All seemed to be going well (navigation was a lot faster than on the ATV) but I go to watch a film and it's the same *#@!ing problem! Just ... where there should be a list of films.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Please can anyone help me?

I'll try and include links to my other posts so you can see how long I've been struggling with this issue and not been able tot watch anything.

I'm at my whits end!

http://forums.tvaddons.co/threads/3695-Still-having-problems?highlight=tombee

http://forums.tvaddons.co/threads/25401-Help-with-ATV2-Desperately-needed?highlight=tombee

Last edited by a moderator:

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Use the log uploader from the kodi repo if the one from here doesnt work,or get the log manually,there are plenty of tutorials how to do this

Also...

1.Where are you located?(guessing uk?)
2.Who is you isp? (im guessing bt?)
3.What router do you have?(im guessing bt homehub?)

And remember if you are in the uk,depending on which addons you are trying to use,they may not work because your isp may have blocked access to the sites they use

Last edited:

Tombee

Jan 3, 2013
Use the log uploader from the kodi repo if the one from here doesnt work,or get the log manually,there are plenty of tutorials how to do this

Also...

1.Where are you located?(guessing uk?)
2.Who is you isp? (im guessing bt?)
3.What router do you have?(im guessing bt homehub?)

And remember if you are in the uk,depending on which addons you are trying to use,they may not work because your isp may have blocked access to the sites they use
Thanks MJ71,

You're right I'm in the UK, and I'm with Virgin broadband - I have one of their super hubs. The only add-one I'm trying to use are ice films and 1 channel and Na*i-X.... I just want to be able to watch some films and TV series and these are the only options I'm familiar with; I did not know some had been blocked - perhaps that's the problem? It could well be.

Could you suggest some alternatives to install, as I'm not sure what the point of Kodi is if you can't watch films on it?

I'm not sure what you mean about the log uploaders from different places but I'll look into it. The trouble with a lot of tutorials though are some of them are out of date - for instance I've been struggling today with some Kodi tutorials (trying to install Na*i-X) and they look totally different to mine in some parts.

Thanks for your help so far. I haven't had much luck the the log uploaded since Wizard, but will try it again (I can get the code in the top left corner but it doesn't seem to upload it and send me the email - though I haven't tried on the Mac - just the ATV2)

Regards,

T

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Ic*f*lms and 1Ch**nel are blocked and have been for a long long time,along with a ton of other websites in the uk for most isp's

Try genesis and see if that works for you,then you know thats the problem in which case you need either proxy addresses(look on the forum for alternative addresses) or a vpn service

The fact you ask what the point of kodi is because you cant watch films on it is crazy

You may want to actually find out what kodi actually is first

The log doesnt upload itself,you have to send it

It sounds like you need to do some reading becuase you are getting yourself all confused

Use the addon installer or install from fusion the addons that you want

There are guides on this forum and there is also a youtube channel from here with guides

Last edited:

gronk

Apr 11, 2015
While watching a tv show on the latest version of Kodi and genesis, the screen reverts to the Kodi main screen
about 5 minutes into the show. After this occurs, it is not possible to go back into genesis as it says, "error -
stream not found".
Any thoughts on how to solve this would be appreciated.

Tombee

Jan 3, 2013
Ic*f*lms and 1Ch**nel are blocked and have been for a long long time,along with a ton of other websites in the uk for most isp's

Try genesis and see if that works for you,then you know thats the problem in which case you need either proxy addresses(look on the forum for alternative addresses) or a vpn service

The fact you ask what the point of kodi is because you cant watch films on it is crazy

You may want to actually find out what kodi actually is first

The log doesnt upload itself,you have to send it

It sounds like you need to do some reading becuase you are getting yourself all confused

Use the addon installer or install from fusion the addons that you want

There are guides on this forum and there is also a youtube channel from here with guides
As far as I'm aware (or my understanding of it at least) is you need KODI to run the add-ons. I don't really understand it, I just bought an jail broken ATV2 years ago with the Wizard edition of XBMC on it as you could watch films for free. My understanding is that Kodi is the new Wizard or XBMC.

How it used to work was the log would upload itself and you'd get sent a code or link by email which you could post in the forums for people like yourself to look at, now it doesn't seem to email me the link. But it used to.

Thanks again.

At the end of the day I just want to be able to browse/search a list of films and shows to watch. I thought XBMC let you'd that, but maybe it's just overcomplicating things? I don't know as I've never downloaded anything or streamed anything before from anywhere else as I'm not very good with computers.

You may have guessed. Lol.

Regards

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
As far as I'm aware (or my understanding of it at least) is you need KODI to run the add-ons. I don't really understand it, I just bought an jail broken ATV2 years ago with the Wizard edition of XBMC on it as you could watch films for free. My understanding is that Kodi is the new Wizard or XBMC.

How it used to work was the log would upload itself and you'd get sent a code or link by email which you could post in the forums for people like yourself to look at, now it doesn't seem to email me the link. But it used to.

Thanks again.

At the end of the day I just want to be able to browse/search a list of films and shows to watch. I thought XBMC let you'd that, but maybe it's just overcomplicating things? I don't know as I've never downloaded anything or streamed anything before from anywhere else as I'm not very good with computers.

You may have guessed. Lol.

Regards
I would really suggest doing a bit of reading and getting yourself familiar with at least the basics of what things are and how things work,it will help you massively in the long run

This is the problem for people buying preloaded devices that are advertised by sellers.When something happens or they need to do something,then they have no idea how

There is lots of info here and people will help if you get stuck

As far as the log goes,its never uploaded itself.You have to set your email address in the addon settings and then it should ask you if you want to send it,then it will send a link to your email address for you

Use the official log uploader from kodi,not the one from here as it doesnt work

Also,install genesis as i suggested and see if it works for you first using fusion or the addon installer

Last edited:

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
Probably an issue with your hardware, ATV2 is no good for running Kodi, see here http://kodi.tv/farewell-to-future-appletv2-development/

f you are currently using an AppleTV2 for Kodi, you may already have realised how the quality of the XBMC/Kodi experience has degraded on the device since the release of Frodo. The HD playback is unstable and liable to crash the device, and the overall performance is beginning to fall behind other platforms which are based on more recent hardware.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Yes one thing you could do is simply get an old windows desktop or old laptop and load xbmc or Kodi on it just to get familiar with the installation and use of it.

Trying to use an ATV 2 to get started is futile at best. I agree with the above post, get some newer hardware and make it easy on yourself here.
You're beating your brains in for nothing.

It takes 2 minutes to download Kodi and install it and maybe 5 more to load the addons from here.

Last edited: