kodi17.1 no longer auto checking addons and installing updates - firestick

manic01

Sep 16, 2015
Hi I have firestick, Krypton 17.1 confluence tv addons skin.
All has been fine up to and inc 16.1 with addons automatically being checked and updated.
Now on 17.1 I have in System settings
Install updates automatically selected
Show notifications ticked
Unknown sources ticked.
But unless i go to addons and select check for updates manually no updates ever get updated.
On 16.1 you could select addons - automatically check for updates and it checked and installed them automatically.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

manic01

Sep 16, 2015
They all have enabled next to them, addons/repo.
Or maybe I am missing something?
Is there a certain way to do this?
In my addons, all repos and addons have enabled by their side?
Thanks for your help.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
no not really as i run a firestick gen 1 with kodi 17.1 and have enabled all the kodi settings you have , and manually enabled addons and repos and it auto updates OK....

are you sure its not updating after a kodi restart..it may take a few minutes to do....select the "recently updated"option to double check.....or maybe none of your addons have had an update recently ?

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Pick three of the most popular add-ons that you use and post the version numbers of them here, then we check to see if they have actually been updated or not for you.

manic01

Sep 16, 2015
I can leave it for 2 days and doesnt update, if I manually check for updates it updates.
All repos/addons have enabled next to them.

In system settings -Updates -Install updates automatically is selected.
Very strange.

manic01

Sep 16, 2015
After checking with few friend and other firstick users, I have found that all of them have to use manual update on firestck kodi 17.1
I have gone back to 16.1 for now.
Thanks for all contributions on post.

Last edited: