Lag/Interface issues with isengard 15.0?

Rhino

Dec 3, 2012
I installed Isengard 15.0 on my Fire TV and found scrolling through the add on menus to be slower and laggier than with 14.1. Also, whenever a stream from Genesis or Ice was paused, once I played it again it took 1-2 seconds before audio came back. And exiting back to the main menu from search results would sometimes just give me a black screen and required a reboot.

Everyone is praising Isengard, but has anyone seen my issues on Fire TV as well? I'm back to 14.1 for now...

baruchin

May 7, 2012
Same here. Tried Isengard alphas and betas and thought final release would fix everything. It did not. Even now that 15.1 is out is still the same.
This happens also with my Nexus 7 tablet, so I think this is related to Android devices and not specifically for Amazon Fire TV.
The issue is this: Whenever I try to play live video from a live streams addon, it plays fine for 1-2 seconds and then video start stuttering with no audio. This happens also with Ic*f*lms hd videos. Everything works perfectly fine with Helix 14.2.

I tried to post this issue in official Kodi forums, but its difficult to explain without violating their forum policies.

I hope to find a solution, because I always try to use latest Kodi versions, and not being able to do it on my Fire TVs is very frustrating.

baruchin

May 7, 2012
Have you had a look to see if you are running low on storage space? Also, do you have an advancedsettings.xml?
Definitely not running low on storage, plenty available. Yes, I have advancedsettings for network, but I had the same one in Helix and all good there.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
you guys forgot to mention that the one-click forward (on amazon that is) jumps all over the place (meaning not as solid as it was with 14.2)

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
I don't have a Fire TV, and know nothing about them. I doubt I'd ever buy one as all I seem to hear is issues with these devices. But reading the comments here nobody mentions which skin they are using. Are you using the default skin or a 'Helix' specific skin? Do you find these issues with a clean install of Isengard with the default Confluence skin?

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
I don't have a Fire TV, and know nothing about them. I doubt I'd ever buy one as all I seem to hear is issues with these devices. But reading the comments here nobody mentions which skin they are using. Are you using the default skin or a 'Helix' specific skin? Do you find these issues with a clean install of Isengard with the default Confluence skin?
i have tried most of them and amazon rules the roost
none better for 99 buck

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
So what? Just trying to help, Kodi is basically the same on all platforms. And you didn't answer my question. I won't bother commenting unless I own the specific device then eh!