Laptop vs. nexus player?

redsage13

Sep 17, 2015
Hi...I am new to this but have been streaming Kodi to my tv from my laptop via hdmi cable for quite awhile now and it is working just fine. What would be any advantage to getting a nexus player (other than no long HDMI cable)?
thank you so much.
Crystal

apvm

Nov 16, 2015
I have the Nexus player and I say it is better than using a labtop. Embedded Youtube is already well worth it, let alone adding TVMC. Go for it.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
What would be any advantage to getting a nexus player (other than no long HDMI cable)?
What do you mean by "no long HDMI" Your laptop can be located at the same plade as your Nexus so same HDMI. I would very much recomend to stick with your Laptop. You said it works great. I wouldn't replace it unless you need it to do some other work with it or you want a second STB in another room.

I have a Laptop and a Xuum hooked to the same TV and I only use the Xuum when I need my laptop at work for other business. The laptop play Pho*nix Hockey extremely well, the Nexus is a PITA to setup.

Even if I had some money to burn, I would buy a Pipo X7 (Windows machine) before I would buy a Nexus.

This is my opinion only, as stated by TheLion, give it a go. If you don't like it, sell it on eBay.