latest pivos nightlie upto xbmc 12.2

stratlad

May 25, 2013
@stratlad

This is what I used on my brothers v1.5.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=554577307937865&set=a.531072446955018.1073741826.523440504384879&type=1&theater

Unfortunately it seems th have wifi issues.

Luckily for him his Nano Slim is about 2 feet from his router so he can hardwire it.
That looks like the firmware i was using but i'm sure it's v12.0 dated early 2013 now i'm running 12.2 january 13th 2014 pivos version on my nano slim plus with v1.5 samsung chip.

Big Al

Dec 18, 2012
That looks like the firmware i was using but i'm sure it's v12.0 dated early 2013 now i'm running 12.2 january 13th 2014 pivos version on my nano slim plus with v1.5 samsung chip.
have you got a link to what image your using mate, has it got the checks removed ?
Al

Big Al

Dec 18, 2012
It's in the first post.......which is what this thread is actually about ;)
I wanted to make sure it was the same image mate, as its the samsung 1.5 chip ;)
it doesnt mention its ok to use wiuth the newer samsung chip, thanks for letting me know mate :D

keiron99

Sep 16, 2013
I've pretty much always kept my MyGica 510B up to date with the images linked to here.

However, I'm still immensely frustrated with Frodo for music playback because it does not support gapless play (unbelievable really!).

Forgive me for my lack of technical knowledge, but do I need to wait for an updated image or can I install Gotham (which I gather does support gapless play) myself?

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
I've pretty much always kept my MyGica 510B up to date with the images linked to here.

However, I'm still immensely frustrated with Frodo for music playback because it does not support gapless play (unbelievable really!).

Forgive me for my lack of technical knowledge, but do I need to wait for an updated image or can I install Gotham (which I gather does support gapless play) myself?
Where can you get a gotham build. I thought there were only alpha builds. Plus to put it on the mygica, does it need signing?

mark142

Sep 14, 2013
Hi keiron99 what image are you using on your MyGica 510B I bought one last year with linux version installed but is v 12.0 only, I wan to upgrade to a newer version. Can i just use the nightly pivos ones at the start of this thread? Do I need to have a certain firmware installed? All help is appreciate I have never updated it since I had it,

Do you all update the box via the Hub Maintenance tool ????

Last edited:

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
Hi keiron99 what image are you using on your MyGica 510B I bought one last year with linux version installed but is v 12.0 only, I wan to upgrade to a newer version. Can i just use the nightly pivos ones at the start of this thread? Do I need to have a certain firmware installed? All help is appreciate I have never updated it since I had it,

Do you all update the box via the Hub Maintenance tool ????
I have a mygica 510b with a Linux image, It needs to be signed, & thanks to ccadi, he is signing the latest images.

I used to use the maintenance tool, but it took ages to create & very often failed to sign.

So, download copy to microsd card & install using the recovery method. Do you have a microsd card with the user data folder?

python01

Dec 9, 2013
Need a bit of help here.
I have loaded the pivos checks removed image onto my new MyGica box (xbmc-XIOS-linux-M3-011314.zip) and it does not output any signal to my TV.
It does boot to the upgrade screen if the Upgrage button is pressed so I think I can load another image if needed but I would really like to get it going on linux.
Can anyone post solution to this issue?

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
Need a bit of help here.
I have loaded the pivos checks removed image onto my new MyGica box (xbmc-XIOS-linux-M3-011314.zip) and it does not output any signal to my TV.
It does boot to the upgrade screen if the Upgrage button is pressed so I think I can load another image if needed but I would really like to get it going on linux.
I assume you have an Android image on it beforehand. I think there is a procedure for going over to the Linux image.

I can't remember where it is at the moment, but have a look at

http://www.geniatech.com/news.asp

http://www.futeko.com/navpage/support.php

Perhaps you need to change the extension to img instead of zip. Are you using the pinhole upgrade method?

Last edited:

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
Need a bit of help here.
which mygica box do you have?

stonedandhappy

Nov 22, 2013
Blank screen here for me on a Nano Slim Plus M3 with the Samsung v1.5.

I had installed the Sumvision image for the v1.5 and allowed it to load.

I then installed the Pivos official with checks removed from the first post in this thread.

it installed fine, no errors, but when it boots, nothing, not even a splash screen.

Any ideas where I went wrong?

heyyou

May 7, 2012
canada
even with out wifi will this linux img work on it? i do have the mygica a11 beta 2 img by j1nx on it now, was just thinking of updating it,would hate to brick it

art-101

Jan 6, 2014
Blank screen here for me on a Nano Slim Plus M3 with the Samsung v1.5.

I had installed the Sumvision image for the v1.5 and allowed it to load.

I then installed the Pivos official with checks removed from the first post in this thread.

it installed fine, no errors, but when it boots, nothing, not even a splash screen.

Any ideas where I went wrong?
Hi,

I posted about the exact same issue recently a short while back and it seemed like nobody else had that problem or at least nobody was talking about it.

Anyway, only this weekend I've finally managed to crack it.

The fix I made was take the ROM posted by CCadi and swap out the two image files from the original XBMC Linux ROM from Sumvision and also add in a couple of lines to the updater script also from their image.

The big obvious plus points to me was that it now works but also, and this might be a big help to a lot of other people, it no longer boots into recovery when you turn it on.

I've ran this tweaked ROM on both my Sumvision box and the old white MyGica box and it works great. it has the A9 splash screen but I don't mind that and the only different I've noticed so far is that the CPU usage on the Sumvision is super low, usually bouncing around the 10-20% mark whereas the the MyGica box has the CPU sitting around 60-70%.

Tried that with the original CCadi ROM and it's just the same so I don't understand what's happening there but will check the logs to see if I can narrow it down unless anyone else has a solution to that one?

So if you would like, with a bit of luck, here's my tweaked ROM

XBMC Frodo 12.2, via Pivos courtesy of CCadi and with some Sumvision elements

Dragonheart

Dec 22, 2013
Hi,

I posted about the exact same issue recently a short while back and it seemed like nobody else had that problem or at least nobody was talking about it.

Anyway, only this weekend I've finally managed to crack it.

The fix I made was take the ROM posted by CCadi and swap out the two image files from the original XBMC Linux ROM from Sumvision and also add in a couple of lines to the updater script also from their image.

The big obvious plus points to me was that it now works but also, and this might be a big help to a lot of other people, it no longer boots into recovery when you turn it on.

I've ran this tweaked ROM on both my Sumvision box and the old white MyGica box and it works great. it has the A9 splash screen but I don't mind that and the only different I've noticed so far is that the CPU usage on the Sumvision is super low, usually bouncing around the 10-20% mark whereas the the MyGica box has the CPU sitting around 60-70%.

Tried that with the original CCadi ROM and it's just the same so I don't understand what's happening there but will check the logs to see if I can narrow it down unless anyone else has a solution to that one?

So if you would like, with a bit of luck, here's my tweaked ROM

XBMC Frodo 12.2, via Pivos courtesy of CCadi and with some Sumvision elements

Thankyou how did you go about installing this ? Thx in advance for any info as I'm just stuck on the recovery screen at the moment

art-101

Jan 6, 2014
Thankyou how did you go about installing this ? Thx in advance for any info as I'm just stuck on the recovery screen at the moment
Well looking at your post I'm guessing you've already had the Sumvision image installed and working on your box.

So if you haven't already download the image at the bottom of my earlier post and extract it.
Copy the update-signed.img file to a memory pen and install it in the same way you did with the Sumvision image.

Fingers crossed a couple of minutes later it should install without reporting any problems then just click on reboot (or root) and it should start up showing the A9 image before changing to the xios image saying startup up...

I hope that helps.

Art.