latest pivos nightlie upto xbmc 12.2

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Hi,

I posted about the exact same issue recently a short while back and it seemed like nobody else had that problem or at least nobody was talking about it.

Anyway, only this weekend I've finally managed to crack it.

The fix I made was take the ROM posted by CCadi and swap out the two image files from the original XBMC Linux ROM from Sumvision and also add in a couple of lines to the updater script also from their image.

The big obvious plus points to me was that it now works but also, and this might be a big help to a lot of other people, it no longer boots into recovery when you turn it on.

I've ran this tweaked ROM on both my Sumvision box and the old white MyGica box and it works great. it has the A9 splash screen but I don't mind that and the only different I've noticed so far is that the CPU usage on the Sumvision is super low, usually bouncing around the 10-20% mark whereas the the MyGica box has the CPU sitting around 60-70%.

Tried that with the original CCadi ROM and it's just the same so I don't understand what's happening there but will check the logs to see if I can narrow it down unless anyone else has a solution to that one?

So if you would like, with a bit of luck, here's my tweaked ROM

XBMC Frodo 12.2, via Pivos courtesy of CCadi and with some Sumvision elements
Really! It no longer boots into recovery! brilliant ill try this. Well done. This wont wipe my addons and settings from sumvision 12.0 facebook page image as long as i dont factory restore in recovery when installing will it?.

art-101

Jan 6, 2014
Really! It no longer boots into recovery! brilliant ill try this. Well done. This wont wipe my addons and settings from sumvision 12.0 facebook page image as long as i dont factory restore in recovery when installing will it?.
I couldn't honestly give that guarantee but it might be worth going into file manager and backing them up first just in case.

I wasn't worried about that with mine as I wiped it to make sure that there was nothing interfering with it booting up.

I've used it on two boxes, white MyGica and a black Sumvision and it's not going into recovery in either.
massive plus points with the GF there.

Art.

Dragonheart

Dec 22, 2013
Well looking at your post I'm guessing you've already had the Sumvision image installed and working on your box.

So if you haven't already download the image at the bottom of my earlier post and extract it.
Copy the update-signed.img file to a memory pen and install it in the same way you did with the Sumvision image.

Fingers crossed a couple of minutes later it should install without reporting any problems then just click on reboot (or root) and it should start up showing the A9 image before changing to the xios image saying startup up...

I hope that helps.

Art.
Thanks for the reply, cant seem to get any replys about this......... it was working fine, but i wanted for it to boot into xbmc directly, so i followed a few guides and all it does is boot into the manual andriod recovery screen, and any img files ive tried it just reboots back to the recovery screen............. so frustrating, i should have left it alone lol

art-101

Jan 6, 2014

stonedandhappy

Nov 22, 2013
Hi,

I posted about the exact same issue recently a short while back and it seemed like nobody else had that problem or at least nobody was talking about it.

The fix I made was take the ROM posted by CCadi and swap out the two image files from the original XBMC Linux ROM from Sumvision and also add in a couple of lines to the updater script also from their image.

The big obvious plus points to me was that it now works but also, and this might be a big help to a lot of other people, it no longer boots into recovery when you turn it on.

I've ran this tweaked ROM on both my Sumvision box and the old white MyGica box and it works great. it has the A9 splash screen but I don't mind that and the only different I've noticed so far is that the CPU usage on the Sumvision is super low, usually bouncing around the 10-20% mark whereas the the MyGica box has the CPU sitting around 60-70%.

Tried that with the original CCadi ROM and it's just the same so I don't understand what's happening there but will check the logs to see if I can narrow it down unless anyone else has a solution to that one?

Cheers for the reply art.

I will give this a try over the next few days.

One of the reasons I was wanting to try this is that I had been having wifi issues with the Sumvision image for the v1.5 chip.

After a bit of research it seems that it is down to the length of the SSID and password both being over 12 characters each.

Does this image have similar issues, as the box I am doing is for a friends kid and they can only use wifi in his bedroom.

Dragonheart

Dec 22, 2013
Could you try installing this file first:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zohVPmEqK6c1pKMkdUS1ZzYU0/edit?usp=sharing

So download it, put it on your memory stick, choose "Apply update(*.img)"

And then once that's done try installing my version of the Frodo image and then reboot.

Are you getting the same errors as you report in the other thread?

Art.
Thanks art for the reply, and your help its appreciated... yes still have the same error.............

Will try what you just said......

thanks

massy086

Sep 19, 2012
dublin(IRELAND)
Hi,

well this worked a threath 4 me on a sumvision nano with the samsung chip.cheers for working on the image well happy now

stonedandhappy

Nov 22, 2013
Loaded art-101's image on to the box i mentioned above an it installed great.

Thanks again art-101 & ccadi.

Going to set it up later so I will post back whether it has the same wifi issues as the sumvision image or not.

Last edited:

stonedandhappy

Nov 22, 2013
Quick update.

I managed to get it to connect to wifi but it quickly lost connection and wouldn't connect again.

It's not a signal issue.

The box wouldn't take the wifi password any longer.

Tried switching to xios skin but still wouldn't workeven after a reboot of the box.

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
ccadi and art-101 this is magic fair play to you. Updating to this image from your last doesnt reset your old settings/addons etc as long as you just clear cache only then update image(obv dont factory restore or it does). And yeah its high on the cpu on the mygica but ive a feeling this is probably a good thing.

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Just a couple of small things. I dont seem to have the option to toggle to wifi from wired?. Im using it wired anyway but im just wondering is this normal?.
Im about to buy a 32GB a class 10 microsd card so 'xbmc-data' still works on this tweaked version does it?.

spon

Mar 31, 2013
Hi guys. Quick question - I have been running XBMC on a Xios DS android for a while and would like to switch to the Lunix build. Can anyone direct me to a post/thread (if one exists) detailing the differences between the two different M3 builds in post 1? Also, what does "checks removed" mean?

Thanks!

ccadi

May 7, 2012
RepubliK of Mancunia
@spon

Both the m3 builds are from pivos git. one (speedsters) is a nightlie from around early december 13, the other is the build sanctioned as official in january 14.

"checks removed" has the hardware checks removed so they can be installed on other m3 devices than pivos

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Thanks again. As a matter of interest ive found that the fix is only needed on the 510b and not the nano+ as with this 12.2 image on the nano slim+ i have the wifi and wired option.
Another small thing. I put the image on 2 nano slim+ boxes. On one before i put the image on i wiped media and factory data reset. On the other one i just put the image straight on. On the one i factory reset i find when shutting down xbmc beside the star on the bottom left none of the options work to custom timer shutdown etc so you just need to plug it out. I have got the shutdown options(except 'reboot') on the one i put the image straight on.

Last edited:

parinda

Nov 2, 2013
Not from pivos, they have stopped development on linux
After being disappointed with the OUYA, I was planning to get the EVOKE Mini TV Box and install Linux XBMC system for Geniatech M3 models on it.

My understanding is that this is a PIVOS clone. If yes, is there any possibility of installing Gotham on it once Linux has been installed on it? Or is that not possible since PIVOS stopped Linux development on it?

Thanks!