latest pivos nightlie upto xbmc 12.2

jynxuser

Mar 15, 2014
Quick update.

I managed to get it to connect to wifi but it quickly lost connection and wouldn't connect again.

It's not a signal issue.

The box wouldn't take the wifi password any longer.

Tried switching to xios skin but still wouldn't workeven after a reboot of the box.
I had a similar issue with my Jynxbox M1 Pure Linux box. It would connect then disconnect, but it would work at my workplace on WiFi just fine even though the router was further away. I ran across an antenna modification where you move the taped antenna from the lid more to the front of the box, and that solved my WiFi issues.

I do have an Ethernet wired connection issue where the box gives me no connection errors so I was hoping to try this Pivos firmware to see if that might help things. I've tried both M1 firmwares posted at the start of this thread, but when I click apply upgrade and select the file there comes up a signature verification error all the time. Is there a trick to this? I saw someone else flash their Jynxbox M1 successfully. Do the M1 files end up with recovery menu boot problems where the recovery menu comes up all the time?

What I've done is with the power unplugged, I press in the upgrade button, replug in the power adapter, wait about 10 seconds for the android/box picture to load after the green screen, and then choose the upgrade option. I notice that there is a message at the bottom of the screen that shows that uboot was not found. Do I need that file on the microSD card somewhere?

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Just a couple of small things with this if someone can help. I'm finding The time on the clock can change and sometimes the date to 1970 so when this happens system info 'internet' is busy. I've also noticed the ip address can change from one to another and wonder why it isnt a static ip address or is this normal?.
I can fix the internet busy by getting into network settings and just press on 'wired' to refresh it and its all back connected and proper time but im wondering am i missing some setup modification to stop this happening. Its also happening on 2 others i have with friends, all boxes wired.

bubblegum57

Feb 15, 2013
Harrow
Just a couple of small things with this if someone can help. I'm finding The time on the clock can change and sometimes the date to 1970 so when this happens system info 'internet' is busy. I've also noticed the ip address can change from one to another and wonder why it isnt a static ip address or is this normal?.
I can fix the internet busy by getting into network settings and just press on 'wired' to refresh it and its all back connected and proper time but im wondering am i missing some setup modification to stop this happening. Its also happening on 2 others i have with friends, all boxes wired.

I can't set a static ip, it only seems to use DNS. I haven't noticed the time problem. Sometimes I get an address of 127.0.0.1, I then click on auto dns, then click on save & it gets a new dns address.

slikmik

Jun 21, 2012
with which 12.2 image?

Thanks again. As a matter of interest ive found that the fix is only needed on the 510b and not the nano+ as with this 12.2 image on the nano slim+ i have the wifi and wired option.
Another small thing. I put the image on 2 nano slim+ boxes. On one before i put the image on i wiped media and factory data reset. On the other one i just put the image straight on. On the one i factory reset i find when shutting down xbmc beside the star on the bottom left none of the options work to custom timer shutdown etc so you just need to plug it out. I have got the shutdown options(except 'reboot') on the one i put the image straight on.

Luddite

Jul 21, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Advancesettings.xml is the way to alter that
Thanks looked into it and it worked a treat. I wanted it to forward 60 seconds and back 15. Mainly to get rid of the minute between rounds of mma and boxing!. And back only 15 so i can get to the KO quickly without having to wait too long. Below are my settings i tweaked for anyone interested.

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforward>60</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

btw slikmik ccadis image in page1.