Librtmp.dll file?

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
where would I find the librtmp.dll file on the ouya? and how would I replace it with the latest one? I am trying to update it for Spor**dev*l. lots of my Spor**dev*l streams don't work right now.... thanks for any help.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
thanks for the link. I have read that link already, and I have the updated file, but I don't know how to install the new file on my OUYA console...it just shows the location. anyone have any ideas on how to install it?
If you found out the location,then put the new file there

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
If you found out the location,then put the new file there
Exactly. just like the wiki says. just replace (copy/paste) the old with the new :)

ESFile explorer, root explorer, even xbmc's file manager should work for getting to and replacing the file

Last edited:

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
Exactly. just like the wiki says. just replace (copy/paste) the old with the new :)

ESFile explorer, root explorer, even xbmc's file manager should work for getting to and replacing the file
thanks crzen, as you can tell I'm new to all this ouya stuff, I guess I was looking for step by step on how to do it.... but I will try what you said. do I use the ouya browser to d-load the new lib? right now I just have d-loaded it to my desktop on my pc...

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
yeah that should work.

How To Replace/Update Lib file on Android

1) get the file. You can download it on sd card, thumb drive, or the outs itself. Just ensure its visible to the ouya.

2) you can go into xbmc system -> appearance -> file lists and enable" show hidden files" and "allow file renaming and deletion".

3) open the xbmc file manager (under the homescreen of XBMC... if use Confluence, it's underneath the system option)

4) click Add Source

5) a window opens with file path options...in top box enter "./" ((dot)(forward slash)) it represents ROOT ACCESS (all files and connect devices)

6) for the bottom box type the same "./" and hit ok to save it

7) now ./ should appear in the file manager (both sides).

8) navigate to where the new file is
on the other side navigate to the location that the wiki told you (/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/)

9) highlight librtmp.so
bring up the context menu and rename the file to librtmp.so.old (incase of a messup it can be renamed back)

10) then goto back to the other side and highlight the new file

11) bring up the context menu and hit copy

12) if that wont work because of permissions or something (or cant see the root files) then you might have to root it to try

Formatted for ease of use by:showgun

Last edited by a moderator:

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
well that's lots of help....... I was asking on how to do it. not "just put the new file in the proper location" that answer doesn't help very much... :/
It is help because thats what you need to do.

Copying and pasting something is no different whatever you use

Replacing a file is replacing a file.If you found the location then you have done the hard part :)

There is a wiki and a whole help thread from redpenguin

I guess what you are really asking is how to use the file manager in xbmc or a file manager on your ouya,(both of which have guides and info all over the web if you are willing to look)but which crzen has kindly explained again above

Anyhows,hope you get it up and running :)

Last edited:

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I have edited Crzen's post in order to make it more of a step by step guide. All their info is their, just formatwd for users to follow along.

superryo

Mar 2, 2014
do you guys know where to download the latest librtmp file for android? I checked the wifi but the source doesn't have the file anymore

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
FYI, looks like your Android device needs to be rooted to access such files, as I just tried it and said path not found.