Limit To Fire TV Registrations?

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California
I'm just curious if others have run into the "exceeded limit" message that I have recently been receiving when I try to register some new Fire TV's.

Although I have successfully registered many more than the limit under my one account, I now get a message that I need to "de-register" some units since I have exceeded the limit of TWENTY-FIVE. I can register... but am prevented from opening any applications.

It is not a big issue to create another account, but I was curious about this message -- and the fact that it took over 50 additional registrations beyond the 25 device limit to trigger the warning.

Have others experienced this same message... and when has it appeared?

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Wait a minute... You are handing out boxes with your details connected to then?!?!?

P.S. I can't offer any info as I only have my personal boxes, I don't sell.

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California
Wait a minute... You are handing out boxes with your details connected to then?!?!?

P.S. I can't offer any info as I only have my personal boxes, I don't sell.
I prepare these for my various club members as a service …. I don't sell them.

You might not be aware, showgun, that it is possible to create an Amazon account without any financial details attached. That is what I've been doing without an issue.

It is just recently that I've gotten a limit to registration message.

amartel

Sep 18, 2012
why don't you do like i did when i gave one to my brother.. i just had him activated it under there own name and it dropped off my account..

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California
Thanks for the response, amartel. I have assumed that my friends with Amazon accounts would switch over their registration. Too many are apparently just fine with having XBMC on their devices.

I try to make this exceptionally easy for folks, but obviously didn't know about any Amazon device limits, which they state begins at 25.

No biggie.

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
I make sure they change it to their own .....I do have a fake account but most of my friends want it because of Amazon prime. ..... I've been trying to teach them how to do it themselves so I'm not on call lol