Linux Deploy Issue - No three vertical dots or other buttons to click on

mi6

Oct 31, 2015
Hi there,

If this is the wrong forum to post this, I apologize but I am trying to find the fix to this issue and have had no luck. I am trying install Linux Deploy and I have a Nexux Player 6. I read the EXPERTS ONLY guide to enabling Java in Android and I first noticed I was going to have problems when I got to Step 11 and I didn't have 'Three Vertical Dots' on the top right of the Hosts Editor window. Well, I found a workaround and was able to edit the hots file on my PC and then copy it over to the device and overwrite the file. I am stuck after that however, on Step 26 because it says to 'Click on the "Arrow Down" icon at the top right of the window to open the "Properties Linux" menu, but the problem is I do not have this 'Arrow Down'. Nor do I have the Start, Stop or 'three vertical dots'. Am I NOT running the file as SU or is there some other reason this is not showing up just like Hosts Editor did? I am launching the app in Kodi or ES File Explorer, not sure if I should be doing it another way. I have tried to map the menu button via Keymap Editor and I even purchased an Amazon Fire Stick non-voice remote and this does not work either. I do not know if the issue is that Linux Deploy is not running as SU or if it's the menu button. I have been dealing with this over a month and really want to get it fixed. I am about to just install Kodi on my laptop or desktop. Thanks in advance.