Little bit more help please.

mhar

Apr 9, 2016
I have posted a couple of times in the past and the replies I have had have really helped.
There is one thing that really pees me off and I am dead certain that the solution is simple, unfortunately I just plain don't understand the language used nowdays - I was reasonably comfortable with dos and windows 3.1 but think I have been left behind!
When using kodi and the confluence skin I am able to change the way the list is presented (list, big list, fanart etc) by clicking on the button on the left hand side of the screen and clicking through the options. We normally go for 'media info' if this option is available. My problem is I have to do this every time I load a page as the setting from the previous page is lost. Is there any way I can store this preference so it is the default option? I have found the confluence settings page but do not know what to alter.
Many thanks.

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
It should just hold it. If you're not closing Kodi down properly maybe the setting doesn't get saved for next time you open it.

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
OP is probably talking about this issue from within an add-on.
If so... mhar, you need to say which add-on you are using when you try to change the view (i.e. Ex**us, SA*TS, TheRoyalWe) and we can tell you how to make the view change permanent.

mhar

Apr 9, 2016
Only just seen post number 3.
FXB78. I think I am closing Kodi down correctly, how do I know if I am not? I have yet to find instructions / a guide anywhere that gives step by step instructions on general usage. I can delete kodi, re-install and do loads of things thanks to the tutorials on this site, however it is the simple things that defeat me.
Tikipeter. Yes I am talking about from within add-ons. SA*TS and Ex**us are probably the two that I use most

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Only just seen post number 3.
FXB78. I think I am closing Kodi down correctly, how do I know if I am not? I have yet to find instructions / a guide anywhere that gives step by step instructions on general usage. I can delete kodi, re-install and do loads of things thanks to the tutorials on this site, however it is the simple things that defeat me.
Tikipeter. Yes I am talking about from within add-ons. SA*TS and Ex**us are probably the two that I use most
When you are in the main Kodi home screen, there will be a power icon. Clicking on that will pop-up a exit window. Click exit and wait for it to complete.