Live streams slow or audio slow with Chupacabra update?

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
To avoid this problem use Gotham beta 4 and set: system->system->audio output->output configuration to best match instead of optimized.

For those who didn't know after Chupacabra update, Gotham beta 4 supports passthrough on Ouya too!
The speaker setting for passthrough is supposed to be set at 2.0 you will still get multi channel 5.1.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Audio_settings

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Speaker setting of 2.0 will still give you 5.1 (if does here) you need the right equipment though.
Spdif can only carry 2.0 PCM channels so a higher speaker setting makes no sense.

As written under important notice:
Quote "If connected directly to a TV be aware that TV are not compatible with DTS, TrueHD or DTS-HD, typically the only encoded format a TV will be compatible with is AC3."
TV's will usually support/convert DTS as PCM 2.0 where multichannel is still possible again your receiver must support this. As stated under speaker configuration.

You can "avoid" this using a audio return cable or connect the XBMC device via hdmi to the reciever to get Dolby-HD or DTS(-MA). Your reciever must support the correct number of lpcm channels.

If your system "only" supports Dolby digital you can use the transcode option, it will let you output DTS, Flac, AAC, as Dolby digital 5.1. (Last option still with 2 pcm channels over spdif or TV->spdif)

Last edited:

lartomar2002

Dec 23, 2012
Near Kennedy Space Center
Speaker setting of 2.0 will still give you 5.1 (if does here) you need the right equipment though.
Spdif can only carry 2.0 PCM channels so a higher speaker setting makes no sense.

As written under important notice:
Quote "If connected directly to a TV be aware that TV are not compatible with DTS, TrueHD or DTS-HD, typically the only encoded format a TV will be compatible with is AC3."
TV's will usually support/convert DTS as PCM 2.0 where multichannel is still possible again your receiver must support this. As stated under speaker configuration.

You can "avoid" this using a audio return cable or connect the XBMC device via hdmi to the reciever to get Dolby-HD or DTS(-MA). Your reciever must support the correct number of lpcm channels.

If your system "only" supports Dolby digital you can use the transcode option, it will let you output DTS, Flac, AAC, as Dolby digital 5.1. (Last option still with 2 pcm channels over spdif or TV->spdif)
Little late getting back. Does 5.1 only work with local files or am I suppose to get 5.1 audio when streaming video with 5.1 audio through addons like Ic*f*lms, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

henry356

Sep 22, 2013
I was having terrible stuttering on any/all movie apps after the Chupacabra update on my ouya, I read through a number of posts and realized this was an audio problem. I followed your advice, went into audio settings and changed the speakers from 5.1 to 2 which corrected the stuttering problem! Thanks!!