I have narrowed it down
1 MiniX NEO X8-H
2 Mygica Atv1800
my friend has a M8 which I am not to keen on
anyone suggest boxes to add to my list

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
I have a quad core droidbox X7. It came preinstalled with Xbmc and other addons but ended up wiping it and starting fresh as Xbmc version was giving very jerky playback. It has 2GB ram 8GB internal but can be expanded via usb. Comes with an airmouse which is handy. Works great now although still think my Ouya is better especially with emulators. The droidbox won't run some PSX games that the Ouya can.

coolbreeze

Jan 11, 2013
I have narrowed it down
1 MiniX NEO X8-H
2 Mygica Atv1800
my friend has a M8 which I am not to keen on
anyone suggest boxes to add to my list
The clear winner, especially in terms of reliability and wifi sensitivity would be Geniatech/MyGica ATV 1800e. This is an enhanced model with 2.0mHz CPU and 2GB/16GB memory component.

Moses

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
United Kingdom
Those M8 amlogic quad core boxes are shite, nothing but rebooting, freezing all the time.
I disagree. They need a bit of tinkering with, but once you have the right rom, the right amlogic compatible xbmc they are rock Solid. Add a pure linux rom and it's as winner.

Doledrum

Jan 8, 2013
Ireland
Sorry what is a ROM and how do I get it on my box, I paid about 100 for this box so I'd be a bit worried about frying it.

Moses

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
United Kingdom
Sorry what is a ROM and how do I get it on my box, I paid about 100 for this box so I'd be a bit worried about frying it.
A rom is basically the android operating system in this case.
Head over to freaktab. Look for the m8 tomato section. What you need is either finless v1.7 or justme v1.0. Instructions are in the posts.

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
I tend to agree in regard to my experience with these machines. While it's true that ANY AND ALL Android boxes Wil require some amount of tinkering I never found a real solid experience on any of those varients. The best for me is, and has continued to be a TETHERED OUYA. This has been the most stable, fastest, and expandable setup I have ever used.

This is true despite the fact that I try, buy, and test new hardware on a regular basis. Though...I will say I'm interested in the new Nexus Player.

The fact is ROMS DO MATTER. I find the best experience is when the best Roms come from the company itself.

Hope42

Sep 4, 2013
B.C. Canada
Mygica 1800e

I currently have a matricom mx2, for over a year. I am giving it to my daughter. I recently helped a friend set up his Mygica 1800e. It seemed like a pretty cool box..
I am considering getting one. Outside of helping him load Fusion, and give him advice on Repo's and addons, I never really witnessed it in action, as he was waiting for a ISP to come over and wire his house for Ethernet.

Does anyone on here have one, and if so, can you post a short review.

Also is it a recommended box, and is there support available?

Once again, I am seeking user experience/forum advise, as I never plug a product on here. I can say, however I have been satisfied with my MX2, however my daughter saw it, now wants once, so now I would like to upgrade to a Quad core box.

Thanks for reading/helping along the way!

P.S edited: I am not sure if I Hijacked this thread? If I did I apologize!

Admin: Please edit and re-post if I have inadvertently hijacked! Sorry!!

Last edited: