Looking for advice need some info

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEE151

Mar 20, 2015
i got a minix neo box already, but i been looking to buy a fire stick fully loaded, if i do so my question is, if i want to add BEAST to the fire stick, do i need to erase all the data off kodi were it will be plain with no apps before i add beast to it? how does this work?

baci

May 13, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I'm not sure why you would want to buy a stick fully loaded because most of the addons you will never use. Trust me you will be better off getting the fire stick and loading it with addons you will use. It is very easy to do and it will also give you an understanding on how Kodi and addons are installed and enabled. You may think the build is awesome but believe me, it will get very frustrating once some parts of the build start giving you trouble.

DEE151

Mar 20, 2015
I'm not sure why you would want to buy a stick fully loaded because most of the addons you will never use. Trust me you will be better off getting the fire stick and loading it with addons you will use. It is very easy to do and it will also give you an understanding on how Kodi and addons are installed and enabled. You may think the build is awesome but believe me, it will get very frustrating once some parts of the build start giving you trouble.
OK then well i know how to add stuff on it from kodi, so will it be easier to download kodi, then i just add beast to it? will that work?
but i never installed beast before, so wen i install kodi it will be blank, then i can add beast to it right?

spanky

Dec 25, 2012
OK then well i know how to add stuff on it from kodi, so will it be easier to download kodi, then i just add ***** to it? will that work?
but i never installed ***** before, so wen i install kodi it will be blank, then i can add ***** to it right?
sorry but we do not support stuff like that nor discuss that here,, for more info on it read here.https://forums.tvaddons.co/getting-started-with-kodi/21784-what-is-the.html

with that said, if you want a safe a reliable setup check the guides on how to install and cofig kodi on the fire stick to get all the tvaddons goodies.

s7eele

Sep 29, 2012
US of A (Deep Deep South)
OK then well i know how to add stuff on it from kodi, so will it be easier to download kodi, then i just add ***** to it? will that work?
but i never installed ***** before, so wen i install kodi it will be blank, then i can add ***** to it right?
installing a build is bad idea in general, it means you will end up with a lot of unnecessary stuff, likely too much for the limited resources of your fire tv stick, and not just any stuff but often nasty stuff, it is occasionally very nasty stuff akin to spyware, in addition there will be no way to tell what has been changed or added or removed, the build creator is the one that knows these details so you need to get support from them but as I understand it is pretty hard to do since they can't support our add-ons that they decided to install and redistribute, almost certainly without permission, for users of builds to receive support here they will have to remove the build which leads to just one of the reasons we have issues with 'builds', users end up needing support that they can't get from the build creators so they get frustrated and end up here where the first thing they hear is remove your build, not a good situation for any of us, except maybe the build creator, again that's just one reason

so we really suggest you skip the whole build thing and take advantage of the resources already available on the site as well the great community here to learn the steps of configuring kodi, installing only the add-ons you need and supporting that configuration through updates and regular maintenance, if you want to customize the look and feel check out some skins and add-ons that allow you to do it yourself

the recommendations below are the way to go, do a clean install of kodi, setup fusion https://www.tvaddons.co/fusion-installer-kodi/ and use it to install our add-on installer https://www.tvaddons.co/addon-installer-kodi/ and install only the add-ons you need, a clean kodi is a happy kodi, you will also learn the basics you need to do everything these builds do on your own, if you absolutely want to run a build I would suggest you learn all the basics at least so you can support the build yourself or at least be able to remove and reconfigure quickly

im going to close this thread as I don't see a reason to keep it open, OP can contact me if you need to discuss further, otherwise go ahead and get to a clean kodi install and follow the guides provided and available in many places including my signature, if you run into areas where you need assistance post in the correct area and I am sure you will find the assistance you need

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.