Looking for an addon with kids/family movies to use as widget

curls2006

Dec 6, 2015
Hope this is ok to post here...

I'm trying to find an addon that will suit my needs and I'm hoping for some suggestions that will cut down on my trial and error with the plethora of addons here.

I use SA*TS as my go to addon for movies and TV but for kids stuff it's a bit difficult as it doesn't feature genres. What I'm looking for is something similar to genesis really, with genres so that I can view only "family" movies for example, or something that focuses solely on family/kids stuff.

The other thing I'd like to do is use that view as a widget so ideally an auto-play feature is needed so that the kids can browse the widget, select a family movie they want to watch and have it play without any extra clicks.

So... anyone know of a good one?

usemy

Dec 4, 2014
I use the G rated in Certificates or Animiated/Family in Genre for "easy go to lists"
123 Movies is good, 1 click, HD

G rated in Ex**us
Animated Kids section in U* T*rks
2 Movies Evolved has a good Family Section

Save the actual sections (press c on keyboard, right click in windows, menu on android remote) and add them to favorites
or better, add them to super favorites and you can make sections of movies that your child likes and they end up with a big library that's all safe.

bru20

Jan 7, 2016
Kid's Movies addon is ok. Not a huge amount of content though. It can be found in The Entertainment Repo in Fusion or get it from the addon installer.

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
Is there not a Velo**ty kids?

Why not use Trakt?
That's what I do. I knocked up a list for the kid myself plus added a couple of lists from others on Trakt.
I use SA*TS and Ex**us and both have Trakt integration, as does Velo**ty

curls2006

Dec 6, 2015
I didn't think genres were working on Ex**us at the moment. I only came across it at the weekend and it looks like it would suit my needs but selecting genres did nothing. I just assumed it was a WIP.

I'll have a look at some of the others in the meantime.

The trakt suggestion is too much of a PITA really. I do have a few kids lists in trakt which are handy but I don't want to have to constantly update and maintain them. What I really want is something like trakt's "trending movies" but with just kids stuff in it. Ready made sections with no end user effort. ;-)