Looking for the "perfect" xbmc.apk build for ouya

enen92

Dec 13, 2012
Portugal
Dear all,

Apologies if this question has been brought to you before. I believe so but the information might be a bit dispersed in so many threads in this section. Basically I'm receiving one ouya for a family member and I wanted to hear from ouya users.

It should arrive soon, maybe next week. Its main function is going to be sports (not p2p) just regular rtmp/http links. So, I'm looking for the "perfect" xbmc.apk for this device. It has to support hardware decoding AND it has to have the librtmp updated to the last version.

For what I've read, the best for ouya is SPMC, is there a spmc version which has the librtmp updated? Any other suggestions?

Cheers to u all

denig

May 23, 2013
Best best is to go with the latest stable build of XBMX (gotham in this case). I'm having no issues.

xiaNaix

Apr 16, 2014
Gotham has numerous tweaks and fixes for Android devices but I have not seen a librtmp patch for the final version yet, only beta 4. Since the final was just released two days ago I'm sure a patched version will be available soon.

bramley

Jul 12, 2013
Gotham has numerous tweaks and fixes for Android devices but I have not seen a librtmp patch for the final version yet, only beta 4. Since the final was just released two days ago I'm sure a patched version will be available soon.
can you link the version u are using please

everytime i try and run gotham 13 it crashes on startup back to the main window

LupeLazerz

Oct 11, 2013
Personally, I have used SPMC mostly but just installed Gotham last night from the XBMC org download page, installed the wizard for ouya, and everything has been smooth so far...seems smoother than SPMC.

denig

May 23, 2013
Personally, I have used SPMC mostly but just installed Gotham last night from the XBMC org download page, installed the wizard for ouya, and everything has been smooth so far...seems smoother than SPMC.
I agree! Same here.