Low bandwidth streaming Issues.

CultureRage

Mar 30, 2015
I am new to the Lounge and seeking directions as, how to improve streaming when using a low bandwidth.
I live in a rural area where my internet DSL speed is only 1.5 Mbps. (no, that is not a typo.)
The interesting thing is I can stream Netflix and Amazon Prime with no buffering once connected.
However I have not been successful with finding anyway to minimize the buffering once connected to any Kodi TV Add on.
I have Tried using low standard definition links only and Clearing the buffer.
I would guess that Netflix uses some kind of software that is not available from TV Add-ons
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

boggiano

Dec 14, 2015
I was almost like you: choose only SD, try a lot of sources and find the best for you but it's quite an hell, I know.
Be ready to put in pause and wait a little for buffering.
Disconnect any other device from the network.

At the and I switched to a wifi provider with 5 Mbps.

ute

Dec 16, 2012
for quite a few years IK was at 2.5 down ..had no issues ...but you must only look for SD and solid source's ...( not the sketchy ones )

obsidianwings

Jan 11, 2016
In addition to the above, try changing buffer settings in advancedsettings.xml so you can have the biggest cache possible on your device. That way if you pause your stream at the beginning for a minute you have a good chance at getting a decent amount buffered before you start watching