M3 Linux new wifi Issues

themeatbaron

May 14, 2013
I thought I would post in here as I have not had much luck elsewhere. Recently new M3's boxes that have come in have a new wifi antenna in them, the issue being that the Linux based XBMC firmware that I use won't recognize it. Does anyone know of any firmware out that that is recent and has this new driver in it? Sorry for the questions, just at the end of my rope with getting an answers. Sadly I have no skills in the ability to do it myself.

themeatbaron

May 14, 2013
Running an AML 8726 M3, Mali 400 , 4gig NAND Flash, 1GB DDR

I like the Linux Builds, I have and use J1nx beta 2 and STTV Linux Builds.

I got this out of an existing thread that I believe describes the issues.
M3 board design with a rtl8188EU wifi. The original rtl8188CU within the earlier boxes is discontinued by realtek, but the rtl8188ETV as replacement runs on the same driver so should just work. The 8188EU indeed does not work correctly with the CU driver. It basically only requires you to change the wifi driver within the defconfig file from the 8188CUS to the 8188EU and recompile.
Source of this is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187570

I haven't been able to resolve the issues there, so I thought I would post here to see if anyone has had this issue or knows of it and or a solution. I know this box isn't the most optimum, either most might have migrated to MX or whatever, but to most that I sell some of these to, like the simplicity of either of these Linux builds and just looking to resolve this. I most likely going forward have to switch boxes, but doesn't resolve much for existing inventory I just received. Thanks for the reply.