M8s+ Android box remote issues

rushytheghost

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to sort this remote problem I have with my m8s+ remote. Every time I press any button on the remote the on/off button on the TV control section just flashes and nothing else happens .... I can't even turn the box on due to this. I have changed the batteries but the problem still persists.

This box is only a couple of weeks old.

I'm basically stuck with a box that can't be used ..... any ideas please?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Can't you plug a USB mouse into it? Or a USB keyboard? They sell k400 logitech keyboards at best buy. There's many options for you. I myself would never even use a remote they throw in on a low cost Android.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Can't you plug a USB mouse into it? Or a USB keyboard? They sell k400 logitech keyboards at best buy. There's many options for you. I myself would never even use a remote they throw in on a low cost Android.
+1 with the "never use the included remote". If a USB keyboard (best solution) is not an option for you, use a remote for your smart phone. Sybu on iPhone and Yatse for Android. There are many others that can be downloaded for free.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Nearly impossible to diagnose a remote problem online... Many times the problem is stuck button, give them all a message and see if that helps...

If not replacement OEM Asian Android box remotes can be had on Ebay for a few bucks... Just make sure it matches yours...

There are universal remotes/keyboards out there but most don't have power buttons...

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
"I can't even turn the box on due to this"

Every cheap Android box I have seen will boot up into an ON state when you cycle the power. If you are saying that your box won't even do this, that when you plug it in you get no output signal on the TV, then I would look more towards the box being the problem and not the remote. Or to put it another way, you're suggesting the remote is at fault because it won't switch on the box and I'm offering a possibility that the remote is working OK and that it's the box that's knackered.

And if you're saying the box works because an LED on it lights up when it gets power then I've seen a few broken boxes do the same - yet still not boot up properly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Android Boxes 0
J Home Theater 4
C Android Boxes 1