malware alert detected warnings

aau

Apr 9, 2016
Virginia
so past couple days when i'm watching shows on Ex**us like vikings and game of thrones, clicking on the episodes and when it does the search for sources i get a malware alert from one of the links. it has only happened twice but was wondering anyone else has gotten these alerts... i'm using avast as my antivirus on my laptop and only seen it happened twice on Ex**us couple days ago

philinmedford

Oct 15, 2015
I've never gotten any messages on Ex**us. I use Avast also. If I were you I'd run Malwarebytes to see if you have something going on with your laptop. That would be my first step. Run it in safe mode if you find any malware. After that I'd reinstall Kodi, it will just give you a fresh version and your programs, settings etc will stay as is.

zoro

Nov 25, 2014
You dont have to be paranoid about this.
i heard that happened and with other people.
A lot of times is because of the ads the sites has.
In any case the avast alert says that block the connection with the website so you dont have to worry.
If the messages continue perhaps you would like to disable that website as a source at Ex**us or whatever addon could have it as a source.
Of course the last one is necessary only if you are using that other addons who has as a source the "bogus" website.

aau

Apr 9, 2016
Virginia
thanks, good to know... i figured it mustve detected something from certain link just like if u were to goto some website and avast pops up with a possible threat warning... the warning only has happened several times and past couple weeks there has been no issues